Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Gaming and Multiplayer
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

I said that about BF3 at around the same time when the trailers and gameplay came out might also wait for the open beta before purchasing.... Metro v2? will buy instantly
Old 12-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

I didn't think they were going to have an open beta for BF4 you got access via purchasing Medal of Honor?
Wells97 likes this.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:41 AM
STI Master

Slap Dash knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mARC View Post
I didn't think they were going to have an open beta for BF4 you got access via purchasing Medal of Honor?
You get access for Having Battlefield Premium marc. Pretty sure ive got you added online too

Having a modern day PC without an SSD is like hiring a hooker for hugs.......
Old 12-06-2013, 11:15 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Wells97 at standard level
Send a message via Skype™ to Wells97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Dash View Post
You get access for Having Battlefield Premium marc. Pretty sure ive got you added online too
i hadnt heard that one
what do you play it on
Old 12-06-2013, 11:28 AM
STI Master

Slap Dash knows their stuff

BATTLEFIELD 4

Quote:
Q: Who can access the exclusive Battlefield 4™ Beta?
A: There are several ways to get into the exclusive Battlefield 4™ Beta: By pre-ordering the Battlefield 4™ Digital Deluxe Edition on Origin.com, by being a Battlefield 3: Premium member, and by being a registered owner of Medal of Honor Warfighter Limited Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition.

Having a modern day PC without an SSD is like hiring a hooker for hugs.......
Old 12-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

mARC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Dash View Post
Cheers, also didn't know that and yes you do mARCSBUG
Slap Dash likes this.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:38 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Thats a kick in microsofts balls

and thanks for quoting that

Judging by the driving games on playstation Ill probably buy that

Old 12-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

I've been following E3 pretty closely this year, and while I'm not going to praise Microsoft and their policies, I think a lot of people that are bitching and moaning are to some extent missing the bigger picture. I can't find it right now, but a pretty interesting article written by the guys at CNET.com discusses the no sharing policy in depth, what it means, what it doesn't mean (which is by far the biggest misconception thrown around at the moment), but probably bigger than this, the reasoning behind the policies. Just like movies and music, games too have licences. People spit and moan that peer to peer sharing of music and movies is killing the music and film industry, yet are pretty quick to judge Microsoft for closing a loophole that has been wide open for 30 odd years of gaming. I don't share or lend games so it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I still think the outrage is a bit over the top. Not only that, but a large portion of the licensing system that Microsoft is employing is actually pretty similar to those already in place by Steam.

Besides all of this, you can share your gold membership with your entire family/household, removing the need to have multiple memberships in one house, game developers themselves are given the option to allow or disallow sharing of games, and in some cases it's as simple as having been friends for over a month on Live, and you can still trade your games in at participating sellers, and it's fairly safe to assume that the likes of EB and such will be one of these.

tl;dr The Gaystation still looks crap, Microsoft controllers are still winning, and Sony is still bleeding itself dry of cash cash.
Slap Dash likes this.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:42 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
I've been following E3 pretty closely this year, and while I'm not going to praise Microsoft and their policies, I think a lot of people that are bitching and moaning are to some extent missing the bigger picture. I can't find it right now, but a pretty interesting article written by the guys at CNET.com discusses the no sharing policy in depth, what it means, what it doesn't mean (which is by far the biggest misconception thrown around at the moment), but probably bigger than this, the reasoning behind the policies. Just like movies and music, games too have licences. People spit and moan that peer to peer sharing of music and movies is killing the music and film industry, yet are pretty quick to judge Microsoft for closing a loophole that has been wide open for 30 odd years of gaming. I don't share or lend games so it doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I still think the outrage is a bit over the top. Not only that, but a large portion of the licensing system that Microsoft is employing is actually pretty similar to those already in place by Steam.

Besides all of this, you can share your gold membership with your entire family/household, removing the need to have multiple memberships in one house, game developers themselves are given the option to allow or disallow sharing of games, and in some cases it's as simple as having been friends for over a month on Live, and you can still trade your games in at participating sellers, and it's fairly safe to assume that the likes of EB and such will be one of these.

tl;dr The Gaystation still looks crap, Microsoft controllers are still winning, and Sony is still bleeding itself dry of cash cash.

Spoken like a true Xbox fan boy hahah
Old 12-06-2013, 12:46 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

It's like Holden and Ford, most people love one or the other, but despite my inclinations towards Xbox, are people really that petty that they'd rather shaft game developers than pay for a product they enjoy?

Tags
2013, e3