Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Gaming and Multiplayer (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/gaming-multiplayer/)
-   -   Gaming consoes & TVs (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/gaming-multiplayer/56726-gaming-consoes-tvs.html)

scooby182 27-11-2013 02:39 PM

Gaming consoes & TVs

This is a question I have been asking myself for the last few months when I decided to buy one of the new gaming consoles... ! TV's
My issue is getting a TV with the least motion blurr, the least imput lag and needs to have a good refresh rate..

Now Plasma doesnt get motion blurr but still see's a little input lag and needs a good refresh rate, but..... When playing games, FPS games, you may get screen burn from images staying up on the screen for too long.
(ex, Call of Duty maps and scores )

LED... No screen burn at all... But you do get motion blur, Now this is a big issue when playing FPS,

Anyone have thoughts on this and any advice on tv's ( 50" - 55" ) great for gaming.
Maybe someone playes FPS and has a TV that doesnt suffer from these..

Cheers

ThatLegend 27-11-2013 02:47 PM

They have the ultra 4K resolution TVs out now, if you got the coin, hit them up

astralex 27-11-2013 03:38 PM

I'm not sure on all brands, but a lot of TV's have gaming mode, which reduces the refresh rate to the console input, as far as I'm aware. I noticed when I purchased my new 55" LED LCD a few months back, it was horrible to play any game on until I found the game mode option and enabled it. Now it looks brilliant.

scooby182 27-11-2013 03:51 PM

nice ....
Can you please share what tv you got... make and model.
What games are you playing ?

Tony 27-11-2013 03:55 PM

I really dont think screen blur on LED tvs isnt that big a deal as you make it out to be.

scooby182 27-11-2013 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=Tony;779528]I really dont think screen blur on LED tvs isnt that big a deal as you make it out to be.

Maybe..
just dont wanna pay over a grand worth of tv.. Plug a new console
into it, and its looks like shit..
Ya know what i mean...

Tony 27-11-2013 05:27 PM

I have played on plasma, LED, projector and never once had an issue with the screens being to blurry. It hadnt even crossed my mind till i read this thread. If your spending that sort if dough on a TV its going to be good now matter what sort of TV it is.

ALEX. 27-11-2013 05:47 PM

What's your budget?
What's the primary use for the TV? Is it purely gaming only or a good mix?

I recently did a thorough investigation before I grabbed my new TV so I've learned a fair bit regarding general theories and specs as well as mid-high end TVs' pros and cons.

PS hot tip: Not that it seems you were, but don't bother considering a 4K TV. Content is non-existent and won't ramp up for years, and for less $$ you'll get a 1080 TV that's better in every way, bar the actual number of pixels on screen.

SyncSubaru 27-11-2013 05:53 PM

Sony W905 series - 10ms of Input lag. Pretty much the fastest you can get.

ALEX. 27-11-2013 06:20 PM

^what I got. But not everyone can justify over $2,500.

Very very accurate colour too, when put on the correct settings.