Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Resetting check engine light (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/10337-resetting-check-engine-light.html)

waynealli 18-02-2007 04:47 PM

Resetting check engine light

Hi guys,
I have a MY07 and today i changed the exhaust for a 3" turbo back exhaust.
During the changeout i somehow managed to knock the speedo connector onto the gearbox without realising it. So when i went for the compusolry test drive the engine check light came on. also i had no speedo and the cruise control button is flashing. I also noticed the radiator fans were on full blast anytime the ignition was turned on..

Anyhow eventually found the loose plug and reattached it. Speedo now works but the engine check light is still up and the cruise control button light is still flashing. Radiator fans are now operating normally though.

The car run sweet and sounds awesome, but does anyone know how to get rid of the engine check light or a mod friendly workshop who can read the fault and reset it? I can take it back to Subaru but as the car is only two days old and i have replaced the exhaust and put an larger TMIC on with the silicone pipe i am a little worried they might see fit to void the warrenty esspecially since it has set off the CEL!.

Any advice for the newbie would be appricated.

Thanks
:icon_rr:

Hi_VoLtAgE 18-02-2007 05:09 PM

once you start modding components, engine sensors will read diffrent flows.ect to stock and therefor thinks theres an error, you can either live with the cell/s or you can get a cel fix, some places sell them or you can diy with a resistor, another way is to move the sensor to read correctly, cant remember the product name, but its pointless if you plan on several mods because if you fix one cel, there will still be others for intake.ect.

Hi_VoLtAgE 18-02-2007 05:14 PM

[url]http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop/generic-oxygen-sensor-adaptor-check-engine-light-cel-fix-p-1147.html[/url]

slappy 18-02-2007 06:54 PM

you can reset the cel codes, I cant remember how its done but I had a cell error after checking the compressionon my car (turning the engine over with no plugs in) and the mechanics reset them.

waynealli 18-02-2007 08:55 PM

I took the car out for a run to a mates house and the Engine light reset itself!!!! I had previously tried the 7 starts method as well as disconnecting the battery, but the light remained on!

Hope it stays off though :D

TUNEDWRX 19-02-2007 03:25 AM

2 days old and already modded - LOVE IT !!!!

nauli 19-02-2007 08:29 AM

[QUOTE=waynealli]Hi guys,
I have a MY07 and today i changed the exhaust for a 3" turbo back exhaust.
During the changeout i somehow managed to knock the speedo connector onto the gearbox without realising it. So when i went for the compusolry test drive the engine check light came on. also i had no speedo and the cruise control button is flashing. I also noticed the radiator fans were on full blast anytime the ignition was turned on..

Anyhow eventually found the loose plug and reattached it. Speedo now works but the engine check light is still up and the cruise control button light is still flashing. Radiator fans are now operating normally though.

The car run sweet and sounds awesome, but does anyone know how to get rid of the engine check light or a mod friendly workshop who can read the fault and reset it? I can take it back to Subaru but as the car is only two days old and i have replaced the exhaust and put an larger TMIC on with the silicone pipe i am a little worried they might see fit to void the warrenty esspecially since it has set off the CEL!.

Any advice for the newbie would be appricated.

Thanks
:icon_rr:[/QUOTE]

Steve at Maximum Motorsport 66 Westchester Rd Malaga 9249 7444

Josh 19-02-2007 08:45 AM

Personally, I would get an ECU ASAP if I was you.

sleepy 19-02-2007 08:48 AM

[QUOTE=theSTIg]2 days old and already modded - LOVE IT !!!![/QUOTE]

Reminds me of when Sirix had ASG install his TBE in the first 900km

chee 19-02-2007 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=Josh]Personally, I would get an ECU ASAP if I was you.[/QUOTE]

werd niggah!