Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   got my car back :D (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/10646-got-my-car-back-d.html)

Hi_VoLtAgE 02-03-2007 07:01 PM

got my car back :D

well after driving my car for the first time in 2 weeks i have to say that the GTPs02 running 19 pound via haltech is bloody awesome!! there is only 400rpm more lag from stock turbo which is bearly noticable and have to say the gizzmo ibc holds boost very well, with 2.5" fmic piping. BUT i literally blew the clutch to pieces, so no car till next week :( oh and the special herbs and spices is very fun to play with ;) but have to learn how to drive/launch better. car was tuned at xspeed.

Thodd 02-03-2007 07:31 PM

Scali tuned the car?
What numbers you make if I may so ask?
Dyno sheet?

Sounds like a nice setup!

BXT 02-03-2007 08:41 PM

Hey give us more info dude.....I've been looking at this turbo for the past couple of months but instead of the VF34 i've got at my mates workshop.
What sort of WRX do you have mate?
ECU?
Other mods?

Very interested :)

Hi_VoLtAgE 02-03-2007 09:36 PM

im not sure who tuned the car as i went through tenagah but they did a bloody good job.
280.6hp in 5th gear. i'll post a dyno over the weekend if ya want, left printout at GF's.
BXT - 03 STi, haltech ecu, gizzmo IBC, perrin intake pipe, cheap pod, cheap ebay fmic (does a good job though piping is long), 3" x-force TBE exhaust, hks equal length headers, up pipe, gtps02, thats all thats under bonnet i think.

did heaps of research on the turbo before i got it, from what i have read it is a better turbo for the STi's 6 speed boxes as the wrx 5 speed didnt allow much improvement over stock, (just what if read/been told)

dwrx 02-03-2007 09:59 PM

sounds nice :)

waxdass 02-03-2007 11:23 PM

if its thru Tenagah - the dude who tunes haltecs is called Stephan. Hes maco, quality work and hes a auto electrician- has his own shop in wangara

pmh 02-03-2007 11:35 PM

its not stephan. aaron tunes the haltechs for tenagah.
aaron is well known with tuning haltechs and also other ecus.
was with speedworks before he left to go back to queensland and came back mid last year to start his own business. he's a contractor and tenagah uses him exclusively for haltech.

POLARBEAR666 02-03-2007 11:39 PM

GT pumps seem to provide some nice turbos.... If my old GT2540R dies I am going to fit the S203 but the External housing version which they call the "Drift" Turbo on their website... same as S203 but external housing, SL2 blades etc.

Looks like a very nice turbo also for the 2.5 crew.

waxdass 02-03-2007 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=pmh]its not stephan. aaron tunes the haltechs for tenagah.
aaron is well known with tuning haltechs and also other ecus.
was with speedworks before he left to go back to queensland and came back mid last year to start his own business. he's a contractor and tenagah uses him exclusively for haltech.[/QUOTE]

my bad, i know stephan does work for tenagah, and i know hes tuned a few haltecs here and there. thought that he did it for them aswel..

BXT 02-03-2007 11:48 PM

That is Aaron from Intune Performance....he's also the guru for the Chiptorque Xede piggy back which from what i've seen is very similar to the Haltec.
His workshop is about 500m from my place.

BTW...Nice numbers Hi_VoLtAgE....if Aaron tuned it he would have definately used Xspeeds dyno which is a DD Dyno...so other words you got almost 210wkw....awesome!

How do you find the lag?