Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Oh Bugger Don't you hate that. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/11332-oh-bugger-dont-you-hate.html)

MKVIGTI 30-03-2007 03:22 PM

Oh Bugger Don't you hate that.

Small stone chip ( Bottom left of windscreen below wiper almost below bonnet line, I mean how the hell do you get 1 there) which I didn't know about + 1 hour in the sun = dirty friggin great crack half way across the windscreen.

Replaced now but have to drive round for most the weekend with stupid lookin green tape at the top of the window. :mad: :mad: :mad:

WRX020 30-03-2007 04:33 PM

I know how you feel, on the way home from the V8 Supercars on the weekend got a stone chip right in the middle of the drivers side.... It hasn't grown any yet but i've gotta get it fixed soon or i'll be heading for a new screen myself...

LTDGC8 30-03-2007 06:57 PM

OMG....i didnt know lil chips can do that much damage to ur screen...:O

ImPreSiV 30-03-2007 07:08 PM

1 free windscreen a year with Insurance...

I'm going to excersise my right to one soon i think, thanks to Brendan and his stonechip from Albany trip...

BN01 30-03-2007 07:11 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]1 free windscreen a year with Insurance...

I'm going to excersise my right to one soon i think, thanks to Brendan and his stonechip from Albany trip...[/QUOTE]

Chipping windscreens, killing lizards....honestly Brendan... :p

Brendan08 30-03-2007 07:13 PM

[QUOTE=BN01]Chipping windscreens, killing lizards....honestly Brendan... :p[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]1 free windscreen a year with Insurance...

I'm going to excersise my right to one soon i think, thanks to Brendan and his stonechip from Albany trip...[/QUOTE]

What can i say, i'm the devils son! hahaha..blame tj for can ditch *COUGH*

MKVIGTI 30-03-2007 08:03 PM

[QUOTE=MY BBY]OMG....i didnt know lil chips can do that much damage to ur screen...:O[/QUOTE]

Yep 4wd's at work regularly go through windscreens. Little chip might hang in for a month then bingo. 1 side to the other in a day. Surprising how quick they can spread.

Reckon I drove about 10 km from when I spotted it to the repair shop and I guess it had grown 2 inches in that time.

impresser 30-03-2007 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=MSR]Yep 4wd's at work regularly go through windscreens. Little chip might hang in for a month then bingo. 1 side to the other in a day. Surprising how quick they can spread.

Reckon I drove about 10 km from when I spotted it to the repair shop and I guess it had grown 2 inches in that time.[/QUOTE]
Got one in the widow of the foz the second day i had it haven't got it fixed yet that was over 6 months ago :)

PRODIGY 30-03-2007 08:31 PM

Within 10 mins of picking up my brand new MY07 got a huge crack across the windscreen...Turned around and took it straight back to the dealer and they replaced it the next day for me. :)

EXPLICIT 30-03-2007 10:24 PM

I replaced the windscreen on the porka a few months ago, a week later had a chip, got to it quicky tho and filled it, but still pissed me off to no end!