Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   guess who got crashed into on the way home :(~ (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/11632-guess-who-got-crashed-into-way-home-%7E.html)

jedi_luke 12-04-2007 10:41 PM

guess who got crashed into on the way home :(~

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/jedi_luke/000_0340.jpg[/IMG]

anyone know a kick ass panel beater?

my poor fucking car , stoopid commodore drivers , i hate you SOOOO much

SpitShine 12-04-2007 10:44 PM

GOD-DAMMIT!! thats gotta hurt the ego!! i feel ur pain bro

Wilmo 12-04-2007 10:56 PM

Bad luck Luke, see your nice looking car most mornings driving down Charles street whilst walking the dog (I live not far from the BP on cnr of Charles and Scarb bch road) same thing happened to me a while ago, you'd have to be stoopid to run into the back of someone....and they're not only in Commodores either.

Only satisfaction I had was when the chick that ran into my car father called and said he'd get it fixed for me at 'his brother's/uncles/whatever panel shop' - gave him the number of HBF insurance and told him to tell them that.

Obviously they set him straight. Took it to my repairer of choice and never heard another thing from HBF, nor did I get a bill of any description.

stebaun 12-04-2007 10:59 PM

hey dude
nice car, bad luck, you got his details and everything though right?

joey89 12-04-2007 11:04 PM

Not cool unlucky dude :(

ndfourspd 12-04-2007 11:10 PM

did you get his details or did he just do a runner like the other guy that hit someone off here just recently

PRODIGY 12-04-2007 11:53 PM

Sorry to hear mate....

Seems like Rex's are like magnets for Commodores lately..

Mat 13-04-2007 12:32 AM

Ouch man, at least no one was hurt tho :)

Is it just me, or do you run into some bad luck with this car??

chee 13-04-2007 06:22 AM

bad luck man, and you only got your car back recently!

gumby 13-04-2007 07:46 AM

i know your pain mate......bad luck, hopefully it gets fixed quickly

American Dave 13-04-2007 07:51 AM

feeling your pain mate, least you are ok right?

jEstEr? 13-04-2007 07:53 AM

heheh luke, they were aiming for your altezas

WhiteRX 13-04-2007 08:37 AM

unlucky :(

jedi_luke 13-04-2007 08:39 AM

haha yer i guess shinny things will do that to retards.

im ok, nexk and back are fucked dow and im very pissed off and now i have to go through to whole prosses of getign shit sorted :(

its been a bad last 6 months for the wrx , new gear box and motor and now this!

rac want me to drop my car off to them and they will get it sorted , i hope they do a good job. anyone know of a good pannel and paint place around kingsway?
i normally go to cliffs pannal and paint but they have closed down.
i would rather choose a repair place then let rac take it to who ever

ImPreSiV 13-04-2007 08:42 AM

go to Kinglsey Smash Repairs on Gnangara Rd, Lansdale. They do a reputable job.

BrennyV 13-04-2007 08:50 AM

Fark, not good at all mate. I was just admiring how straight ur car was the other night too! :/ hope it all gets fixed up smicko again

[I 86 I] 13-04-2007 09:30 AM

Not all us commodore drivers are fucked :D

EVL WRX 13-04-2007 09:32 AM

Talk to Phil Foster at AFM Enterprises 0413777744

He fixed my car from this:

[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/EVLR33/Rear.jpg[/IMG]

to this:

[IMG]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/EVLR33/CIMG1322.jpg[/IMG]

Did a fantastic job, paint matches perfect and work it top class. Quick too..

WRXTASY 13-04-2007 09:52 AM

Sorry to see another WRX being rear ended....they still have not caught the fucker that did the hit and run on mine....

DO NOT take your car to Piero's in North Perth. I have had all sorts of problems with them. Dodgy parts, scratched interior window tint, trim missing/falling off and frankly shocking disgusting customer service. I am in the process of trying to get them taken off the RAC preferred panel beaters list.

J

ImPreSiV 13-04-2007 09:54 AM

omg Brett... how honoured you must be to be parked behind Con in the Poosar of Fury.... Wot a fulleh siq machine that is!

jedi_luke 13-04-2007 05:30 PM

got a quote!

i went to adaptable smash repairs in kinglsey and wayne there was really good about it and showed me some of the work they do and that they use only new pannels nto old shit and it will match perfect! , so i will be going there.

total damage bill was $4000 = new boot lid , new bumper , new lights and a bunch of other stuff.

but the worst part is that i still have to take it to rac on firday so they can see if the bill matches the damage , they dont mind taking your money but they also dont mind giving you the run around when you have to claim.

also i wanted to know if anyone who has gone through this has received a free car while there's was being fixed? , rac wont give me one coz i didnt have car hire on my policey and the guy who hit me's insurance are just being all round ass holes about anything.

your pal luke

AC Schnitzer 13-04-2007 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=jedi_luke]got a quote!

i went to adaptable smash repairs in kinglsey and wayne there was really good about it and showed me some of the work they do and that they use only new pannels nto old shit and it will match perfect! , so i will be going there.

total damage bill was $4000 = new boot lid , new bumper , new lights and a bunch of other stuff.

but the worst part is that i still have to take it to rac on firday so they can see if the bill matches the damage , they dont mind taking your money but they also dont mind giving you the run around when you have to claim.

also i wanted to know if anyone who has gone through this has received a free car while there's was being fixed? , rac wont give me one coz i didnt have car hire on my policey and the guy who hit me's insurance are just being all round ass holes about anything.

your pal luke[/QUOTE]

From personal experience, no you will not get a car for the duration of the repair. Free taxi ride will be offered though.

From my experience, RAC is cheap when it comes to repairs. Also, they will take photos of your damaged area as well as any modifications you have done to your car without declaring. Things like gauges, radar detectors, any addition accessories in the car, under the bonnet, or anything visible will also be photographed even if it is not relevant to the accident.

jedi_luke 13-04-2007 06:37 PM

oh really!

well good to know , im going down firday to see them with my quote and i will be with the car the whole time its there.

WRXTASY 14-04-2007 10:48 AM

Luke I have been through this process numerous time with RAC. This is what I've learnt.....

DO take you car to one of the inspection centres and you get a free taxi home. But before you go I would take detailed pictures of you entire car, especially the roof, doors and front corner bumpers for your own piece of mind. RAC inspectors will note down any scratches/dents on any other parts of your car that were not affected by the accident. The only problem you find is that its dark in the inspection centre (Whelshpool) and not everything is picked up.

Its all about quality control. I seriously would not trust any panelshop anymore after my experiences with a few of even the good ones. They seem all great and full of promises initially until things go wrong, then it really comes down to your vigilance and RAC. RAC will pick up any unpaid "Extras" such as dents, scratches and shoddy workmanship as your car will go back to them after repair for inspection and pickup. Do take your car out into the sunshine, not inside for a full inspection of the panel beaters work. And even after driving away if you find anything wrong take it straight back to them for recording.

"Extras" I have had so far: pinhole dents in the roof from resting the rear wing bolts on it. Plastic rear wheel body trim fell off. Rear window trim has come loose. Scratched both left hand side interior window tints. Used 2nd hand JDM STi tail light with broken interior lenses. And finally, car left with a flat battery at RAC for pickup. Fucking pathetic. :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is at PIERO's on Charles St North Perth everyone. AVOID like the pox!!
:( :( :( :(
J

WRXTASY 14-04-2007 10:55 AM

[QUOTE=AC Schnitzer]... Also, they will take photos of your damaged area as well as any modifications you have done to your car without declaring. Things like gauges, radar detectors, any addition accessories in the car, under the bonnet, or anything visible will also be photographed even if it is not relevant to the accident.[/QUOTE]
This did not happen to me at RAC Whelshpool. I've been through there a few times now. Only parts of the car involved in the accident were photographed. The only reason I suspect they would look at other parts of the car would be if they suspect a modification contributed to the accident. Any illegal mod would put you right in the shit. If thats the case be very carefull.

Luke will have no problems in this instance though, unless his brake light are not working.

J

AC Schnitzer 14-04-2007 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=WRXTASY]This did not happen to me at RAC Whelshpool. I've been through there a few times now. Only parts of the car involved in the accident were photographed. The only reason I suspect they would look at other parts of the car would be if they suspect a modification contributed to the accident. Any illegal mod would put you right in the shit. If thats the case be very carefull.

Luke will have no problems in this instance though, unless his brake light are not working.

J[/QUOTE]

Thats what I thought. However in my case the car was stationary and a transperth bus hit me instead. If there was any modification I did that attracted the bus to hit me, well I've got nothing to say. :rolleyes:

Other than that I think you pretty much sum it up. Several parts for eg, RAC said they will buff the scratched headlights. When I received the car, the headlights were not buffed at all. The guys at the workshop than took some sandpaper and solution to buff it out. Other than that, there was 1 particular part that was not painted. I wasn't picky about it because that part was insignificant and was located on the inner side of the car and can only be seen up close.

The most important thing is to make sure they bring all the damaged parts back to brand new. To not deliver what they say is simply false advertising.

doluck 14-04-2007 11:18 AM

not all commodores are bad..

jedi_luke 14-04-2007 05:13 PM

yer i have been going out today and in the sun light looking over the whole car for anything but has changed and i have made a big list , i will be keeping a eye on the work that is going to be done and also taking it to tenagah after to get a second look seeing that the exhaust got taped a little bit , who know what that could have dont the the motor.

jedi_luke 26-04-2007 08:46 PM

cars back in 3 weeks or so , fuckign long wait if you ask me , but good news i managed to get a upgrade from a standard wrx spoiler to a STi wing :) , so i guess somthing good has come from this

ImPreSiV 26-04-2007 09:22 PM

heh i would have bogged the holes!

phizzle 26-04-2007 09:49 PM

Damn man that's no good. Hope you and the car are all fixed soon.
Something to brighten the mood i hope
[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9187/baddriver15eu2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Course it could have been a Kenworth that tapped ya, scary
[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3632/baddriver16bd6.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Makoto 26-04-2007 10:41 PM

speedy recovery..............

ninjawrx 26-04-2007 10:48 PM

Wanneroo smash... ask for Rob.

Big panelshop and very professional

DarkMoose 26-04-2007 11:19 PM

Yeah man, i had a good one with wanneroo smash. In any case, he hit you so its coming off their insurance? Doesn't matter how much it costs as the other insurer is paying for it ya?

belsti 27-04-2007 08:13 AM

Contact Claudio on 0422254600
hes done a awesome job on fixing a previous car, good as new at a good price :)