Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   targa west (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/1185-targa-west.html)

BALISTC 13-09-2005 10:58 AM

Ahhhhh yes....the JDM STI RA did come with ordinary headlights, and now I remember the very first JUN bug eye had the same lights too and it was an RA..

tuna 13-09-2005 11:19 AM

Gravel Spec 02 STI SPEC-C RA with brembos,
100% mechanically standard,
Stock VF34, 6 speed short ratio, rear plate lsd, cage and r-comps.
it was ECU-TEK'd and ran worse then stock. also drank fuel like a sailor.
unfortunately it didnt last the event, "engine failiure", retired on SS25. :(

make of that what you will.

julz 13-09-2005 12:26 PM

yes, that was -great- fun :(

Heidi 13-09-2005 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=julz]yes, that was -great- fun :([/QUOTE]

bugga to not finish :(

How did you guys go with the notes Jules?

Heidi

B4GT 13-09-2005 12:40 PM

i think there were quite a few retired, i only counted about 40 odd cars in the last SS, was hoping to see the little renault in action :(

rspct 13-09-2005 01:21 PM

[QUOTE=tuna]Gravel Spec 02 STI SPEC-C RA with brembos,
100% mechanically standard,
Stock VF34, 6 speed short ratio, rear plate lsd, cage and r-comps.
it was ECU-TEK'd and ran worse then stock. also drank fuel like a sailor.
unfortunately it didnt last the event, "engine failiure", retired on SS25. :(

make of that what you will.[/QUOTE]

Happened just after my chicane! (4.73kms)

Bad luck fellas!

julz 13-09-2005 01:42 PM

yeah we went alright i think, we wrote our own then I went back to most with geoff to double check them. Other people did about 4 recce's apparently, so obviously the more times you go over the stages the more accurate they are, and the more confidence you have in them. Once you get in to the rhythm its quite easy. Kim is already talking about next year, so we are both going to learn proper pace-noting i think. Maybe I'll have to have some lessons from you Heidi :p

Apart from the engine stopping on sunday (and subsequently being stuck in the middle of nowhere for 3 hrs till we finally got rescued! - no-one told our service crew!), and a few gearbox issues, we had a really great time.

JMAX 13-09-2005 02:32 PM

Julz, you and Kim only went over the course once with your notes? Scary stuff. It really takes 3 passes to make good notes. 1st pass at slow speed and driver calling notes. 2nd pass at moderate pace, co-driver calling back notes and making all changes in this pass. 3rd pass at resonable speed to find all the 'gotchas' and add cautions where needed, if done right you shouldnt make many amendments on the 3rd run. Most rallies these days from state level up only allows 2 passes for recce which really makes it a neccessary skill to master. If your notes where reasonably good this year, you'll find yourselves in a good position to just refine the notes you have and then have a real good go at the stages. There really is nothing like the buzz you get when a driver is driving 100% commited to the notes and you're nailing every corner.

Heidi 13-09-2005 02:46 PM

[QUOTE=BLU WRX] There really is nothing like the buzz you get when a driver is driving 100% commited to the notes and you're nailing every corner.[/QUOTE]

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! such a buzz!

Heidi

PS: no probs Jules re: note training. But tell him he needs to be there too else it doesn't work as they are always a drivers notes & not the navs!

julz 13-09-2005 02:47 PM

yeah, we were never gonna be super-serious like all the rally guys tho... just a fun weekend kinda thing. Kim was going to be away a lot in the lead up to the rally so we didn't have heaps of time to go out every weekend checking them. But yeah, now we have the notes it should be a lot easier next year to refine them. The car was a bit of an unknown too so we weren't going all-out to win or take unnecessary risks. It was lots of fun anyway. ;)