Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   moving to perth, help! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/12329-moving-perth-help.html)

spikesrex 13-05-2007 06:30 PM

moving to perth, help!

Hey guys

I already know there is a similar thread already out on this but anyways...
I am currently living in qld but i plan on moving to perth in the next month or so.
I was reading in the other thread about having to go to the pits once you arrive to get your car registered. however i was just curious as to how strict they actually were. I currently have an MY01 Wrx which i have modified quite a bit ( see below ) . I was wondering will my car pass with all the things listed. I also have a Carbon Fibre bonnet, is there anyone that has had the same problems before or am i goin to have to return that to stock before i even think about getting passed?
also any transporters that you guys recommend and the time it took to get there?

thanks in advance!
Chris

Engine:

MY04 Block w/ Forged Arias pistons
IHI VF34
Turboxs FMIC
3" SS Zorst
Catless Turbo up-pipe
Turboxs UTEC w/remote map switch
MRT CAI
Turbosmart Type 3 Supersonic Bov
Perrin Air Intake silicon hose (from turbo )
Perrin Fuel Rails
Sti 550cc injectors
Sard Fuel Pressure reg
Walbro Fuel pump
Cusco Oil Catch Can
GFB Lightweight Pulley kit
Silicon Radiator Hoses

Drivetrain:

PPG Straight cut 1st and 2nd gearset w/syhcromesh engagement
Exedy Sports Organic Clutch

Suspension:

Tein Coilovers w/EDFC
Cusco rear strut brace
Front strut brace

Brakes:

Dba Slotted Rotors on front
Ferodo Pads

Exterior:

18" Advanti Raptor 6
Toyo Proxes 4 225/40/18
Cwest Front Lip, Side skirts, and rear bar
Sti Headlights
Altezza Tail lights
Clear indicators
Kaminari Reverse cowl Full Carbon Bonnet
(its a full carbon layer on a Fibreglass frame )

BALISTC 13-05-2007 07:04 PM

As long as its not too loud, or too low, shouldnt be a problem.

Also, you'll have to put a stock bonnet on it.

spikesrex 13-05-2007 07:06 PM

I recently got noise tested and it ran a 97db at 4,500 Rpm
In qld the legal road limit is 100mm at the lowest point, i have 110mm so i guess thats ok? if i do get passed with the standard bonnet, is there any chance of runnin the carbon one or not?

Also i heard that coilovers are illegal because they are height adjustable?

Hurtenstein 13-05-2007 07:34 PM

coilovers are fine.

sky_sti 13-05-2007 07:41 PM

carbon fibre bonnet not okay.. have to change back to stock

ImPreSiV 13-05-2007 07:41 PM

you will be able to run the carbon bonet once you have gone over the pits, but they are illegal, so if u get pulled over for it, you'll get a yellow.

When you go over the pits, just whack the stocker on. 100mm clearance is required here and 97db exhaust should pass.

Mat 13-05-2007 07:44 PM

What they said, but another word of warning is to avoid the dirty south :D

Stick to NOR!

Mister Two 13-05-2007 07:45 PM

CF bonnet wont pass

The oil catch can... If it is recirculating back into the intake, then its okay. But if it vents to atmo, then no.

97db is well over the legal limit of 90db in WA. But more often then not, they dont actually pull out the electronic thingamajiggy to test it. As long as its not excessive, you should be okay. Consider putting a mid pipe resonator on the exhaust, it will cut noise significantly without any loss of flow.

astralex 14-05-2007 06:31 PM

DRIVE! Admittedly I only drove from Adelaide, but it's still a worthwhile one. You won't find too many people that will transport it, as when I was going over I got told that you had to fit a coke can under the car for it to clear. I asked if they meant one lying down...no.

spikesrex 14-05-2007 08:22 PM

[QUOTE=astralex]DRIVE! Admittedly I only drove from Adelaide, but it's still a worthwhile one. You won't find too many people that will transport it, as when I was going over I got told that you had to fit a coke can under the car for it to clear. I asked if they meant one lying down...no.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i was actually thinking about driving! but how bad is the nullabor to cross? ive heard stories some good some bad. in the end it will be cheaper to drive and the experience will be somethin to lookforward to!