Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

View Poll Results: Which colour to select
Silver 18 22.22%
Black 39 48.15%
Keep the WRX STI 24 29.63%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Cheers that cleared things up a bit. Twin scroll TD04 Nice.

I too have a spare VF37 sitting here. Exhaust housing ceramic coated.

J
Old 23-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Shurman at standard level

id get silver if the car comes with those pimp gun metal gray rims. if not get black then get the rims powder coated black. either way sick lookin cars just which look u r tryin to get
peace.
but then again the impreza sti 06 is hot. may sink some money into that instead??
Old 23-05-2007, 07:51 AM
The Modulator

American Dave is a guruAmerican Dave is a guru
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
the Liberty GT td04 is a twinscroll td04. It has the same compressor and exhaust turbine as the WRX td04 but has a twinscroll exhaust housing and a different compressor cover to accomodate the Lib GT TMIC.

A vf38 will make the car very friendly on the street and still enough top end to make more than 180kw ATW. It has similar output to a vf35 but will spool up much faster thanks to the ball bearing core and titanium compressor wheel and shaft.

Yes a vf36/37/42 would be a better option but they will not bolt onto the GT twinscroll headers. You need an appropriate up-pipe to bolt those on. But then they wont work with the TMIC of the GT as it is a side entry/exit TMIC unlike the WRX TMIC which is underside rear entry and front exit. You could put on a WRX TMIC with some modification to the intercooler mount but then you would need a new bonnet scoop air splitter. Too much stuffing around since the vf38 is a simple bolt on job with no other mods required and still has more than enough flow to make for a pretty quick street car.

Dave, if you are willing to go the extra mile for a larger twinscroll turbo. I think Terry (spikey) has a vf37 for sale for $1100. Top end is a little more than a vf34, but it does not use a BB core. Rather it uses thrust bearings. Still good though as it still has the titanium internals IIRC.
thanks boys you have done my homework for me! I knew there was a reason I joined this forum!!!!
Old 23-05-2007, 09:02 AM
STI Master

slappy at standard level

I had a look at both colours of STi Libs this morning at city subaru (i know) and the black looks better. The silver looks awsome but the black looks meaner and somehow more refined at the same time. They both have the gun metal rims. The black with a legal dark tint would look so hot.
Old 23-05-2007, 09:06 AM
The Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappy
I had a look at both colours of STi Libs this morning at city subaru (i know) and the black looks better. The silver looks awsome but the black looks meaner and somehow more refined at the same time. They both have the gun metal rims. The black with a legal dark tint would look so hot.
I am going to drive the black one at 11am today and will report back.
cheers Dave
Old 23-05-2007, 09:54 AM
STI Master

MaD_OwNeD at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
I am going to drive the black one at 11am today and will report back.
cheers Dave
you going to the vic park one or ossie park?
Old 23-05-2007, 12:18 PM
The Modulator

ok guys just got back from city subaru, they let me drive the libo tuned by sti and I must say it's a great car! Very hot looking with the gunmetal rims on black. It felt pretty strong in terms of torque while the suspension set up is somewhere between the GT Spec B and WRX STI - firm but not as firm as my STI. It has a nice rumble with just the stock pipe - two twin pipes. the inside is well luxury, leather electric seats with memory, sunroof, si-drive, climate control, 14 speaker macintosh stereo, etc...very roomy and comfortable to drive but not too comfortable! Brembos are the same exact ones as mine, gear ratios feel a little different but didn't have to do any searching, gearing down so they def got the ecu right, it's a lot heavier but all in all very very sweat, under the bonnet it looks like vw gti with plastic cover over everything but did have a look at dump pipe and peep at TD04.

Now for the down side. They want $75,449 for which includes farkin luxury tax of $2645, stamp duty of $4289, rego $535, and stealer delivery of $1990.

Sorry but aint no way in hell I am spending that much on this Suby. Better off just buying the GT Spec B which gets under the luxury tax threashold and spending the substantial difference on mods I reckon.
Old 23-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

The main differences between the STI and the Spec B is the brembos, wheels, slightly uprated suspension and body kit. Alot to pay for some pretty minimal upgrades. And its not like the stock brakes on the Spec B are bad. 318mm 2 pots still do a very good job. A pad upgrade will take them a long way.
Old 23-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Sign me up!
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

trainwrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dave
ok guys just got back from city subaru, they let me drive the libo tuned by sti and I must say it's a great car! Very hot looking with the gunmetal rims on black. It felt pretty strong in terms of torque while the suspension set up is somewhere between the GT Spec B and WRX STI - firm but not as firm as my STI. It has a nice rumble with just the stock pipe - two twin pipes. the inside is well luxury, leather electric seats with memory, sunroof, si-drive, climate control, 14 speaker macintosh stereo, etc...very roomy and comfortable to drive but not too comfortable! Brembos are the same exact ones as mine, gear ratios feel a little different but didn't have to do any searching, gearing down so they def got the ecu right, it's a lot heavier but all in all very very sweat, under the bonnet it looks like vw gti with plastic cover over everything but did have a look at dump pipe and peep at TD04.

Now for the down side. They want $75,449 for which includes farkin luxury tax of $2645, stamp duty of $4289, rego $535, and stealer delivery of $1990.

Sorry but aint no way in hell I am spending that much on this Suby. Better off just buying the GT Spec B which gets under the luxury tax threashold and spending the substantial difference on mods I reckon.

how much is the standard spec B worth?? u could mod it to include the brembos and sti g/box??
Old 23-05-2007, 12:46 PM
The Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainwrex
how much is the standard spec B worth?? u could mod it to include the brembos and sti g/box??

Liberty GT spec.B adds Bilstein suspension, 18-inch 10-spoke alloy wheels and the choice of a responsive five-speed SPORTSHIFT* automatic or six-speed STI-derived manual gearbox. It’s a potent package with an ideal combination of safety, sportiness and Subaru’s famed symmetrical All-Wheel Drive. *SPORTSHIFT is a registered trademark of Prodrive Ltd.

This range-topping variant oozes character. The black leather sports interior with alloy pedals and dash highlights features Subaru’s revolutionary Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE). Automatics feature steering column SPORTSHIFT* paddle controls and manuals get a potent STI-derived six-speed close ratio shifter. The 14-speaker McIntosh premium sound system adds to the list of turbocharged delights.

Priced from $55,990* plus stamp duty and dealer delivery but NO LUXURY TAX

So add Brembos, BBS Wheels and Flash the ECU and you would still be well under that figure of $75,449 because I reckon you could get them down a bit on price for the GT Spec B only but they wont budge on the Libo STI. also said they only made 70 with the gunmetal rims, the rest are silver and look average on black I reckon.

Last edited by American Dave; 23-05-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Tags
07, choice, gt, liberty, spec, sti