Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Modded cars serviced @ Subaru (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/13155-modded-cars-serviced-%40-subaru.html)

BN01 18-06-2007 12:21 PM

[QUOTE=uglycong]auto masters clocked up 40 km on my friends sti. good thing about subaru service is that they clean your car ;)[/QUOTE]

Not from my experience they dont. Bit of tyre shine, thats it.

tuna 18-06-2007 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=BN01]Not from my experience they dont. Bit of tyre shine, thats it.[/QUOTE]

nasty, tire shine be good fun in the wet!

BOMB3R 18-06-2007 12:29 PM

[QUOTE=tuna]nasty, tire shine be good fun in the wet![/QUOTE]
Nearly wrote the car off the morning of MV because of tyre shine!

uglycong 18-06-2007 12:35 PM

[QUOTE=MSR]You happy having some careless goose putting scratches in your duco are you.

I tell them specificaly. DO NOT wash it do not touch it do not do anything we haven't agreed to doing without phoning first.[/QUOTE]

no scratches so far and they do a good job imo.

pete gopal 18-06-2007 12:42 PM

[QUOTE=Darken]Not to mention the free carbon cleans you get without asking. "Thrash car around block and perform 6 grand launches!"[/QUOTE]

Haha that's called Italian Tuning

REXXX 18-06-2007 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=PIGSTi]I know someone who did his apprenticeship at a dealership and have heard some shady story's that have come from particular dealers (not Subaru) from recycled oil to cleaning plugs and charging for new ones, they are the good stories.[/QUOTE]or when they fit new tyres for you and stratch up the lip of all the rims in the process.

and forget to put your lock nut back in the tool kit.
so when you're leaving Burswood at 4AM and discover you have a flat, you dont have to rip apart the car looking for the lock nut, and then have to leave the car in the carpark over the weekend when you cant find it because the apprentice forgot to put it back.

the service manager came to Burswood and changed the tyre himself the following monday and apologised profusely.

FYI, i don't get my car serviced by Subaru any more, and it's modified.

MKVIGTI 18-06-2007 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=REXXX]or when they fit new tyres for you and stratch up the lip of all the rims in the process.

and forget to put your lock nut back in the tool kit.
so when you're leaving Burswood at 4AM and discover you have a flat, you dont have to rip apart the car looking for the lock nut, and then have to leave the car in the carpark over the weekend when you cant find it because the apprentice forgot to put it back.

the service manager came to Burswood and changed the tyre himself the following monday and apologised profusely.

FYI, i don't get my car serviced by Subaru any more, and it's modified.[/QUOTE]
I would have them in court quicker than they could blink if the car was stolen/vandalised whilst disabled due to their stupidity. Might seem like something small but could have big consequences.

REXXX 18-06-2007 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=MSR]I would have them in court quicker than they could blink if the car was stolen/vandalised whilst disabled due to their stupidity. Might seem like something small but could have big consequences.[/QUOTE]abso-fucken-lutely.
all those what-if's went through my head at 4AM with a shitload of anger going through my head after ripping the car apart.
doesn't help when there's a bunch of dodgy f@ckers in an XF falcon just 10m away waiting for me to abandon the car.

ended up driving 100m to the secure parking and ruining the near new Toyo in the process. beats getting vandalised i guess..

jEstEr? 18-06-2007 01:26 PM

[QUOTE=ImPreSiV]PS: I wouldnt trust my vehicle at a Subaru Dealership getting serviced anyway... I wouldn't want some 15 year old 1st year apprentice servicing/stuffing up my car..[/QUOTE]

Nick and Sean from ASG were once Subaru apprentices

BALISTC 18-06-2007 01:28 PM

I lost all faith in Subaru service after they lost my undertray after some warranty work, and told me it wasn't in their shop. I was also told it must have fallen off, and they got rather defensive when I asked them whether they'd looked properly!!

I went to the dealer to have a talk to the manager in person. When i was there, I decided to "take a walk" past the main doors of the service shop, and lo and behold, I spotted it on the floor under a bench!!

I DIDNT EVEN GET AN APOLOGY!!
IDIOTS!!!