Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Lowering: What Springs? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/13375-lowering-what-springs.html)

RichX 26-06-2007 08:22 PM

Lowering: What Springs?

Heyas,

Did a search couldn't find much about what i wanted to know.

Next mod for me is to get the car sitting nice. Ideally i'd like to purchase a nice set of coilovers, but can't justify the price right now - So i figure getting some springs in will be sufficient.

I have a MY01 currently running factory springs, struts and rims.

What would you recommend? Like i mentioned, I don't want it totally fuckin slammed - Just to sit nice and look a nice to the eye.

I don't want to have to avoid carparks and steep inclines (just be careful over bumps and so on)

I know the rear tends to sit lower than the front, So it'd be nice to find a set of springs which accomodates for this so it all looks sweet. I have been considering just taking it to RMS and they can do it.

So yeah .. Whats the best bet for me? Some pics of your MY01 on whichever springs you have purchased would be very very helpful.

Cheers!

Richard

subliber 26-06-2007 08:29 PM

king lows with kyb firms ftw!
or if you want an even stance, i think there is a combo of springs, superlows and lows or sti springs in one and some in the other. not sure!

set of kings i think i saw some on ebay for $200 (probably just the fronts though)
and shocks between 300-600. depending on what you want

RichX 26-06-2007 08:32 PM

Thanks for the PM Feral .. Will look into that.

I'll probably be sticking with the factory struts at the moment.

Shauno 26-06-2007 08:32 PM

I got Stebauns Lovels pretty cheap i think it was 200 or so for lows, superlows arent much more expensive...King superlows will do ya good, maybe joe can sort something out for ya ?

RichX 26-06-2007 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=Shauno]I got Stebauns Lovels pretty cheap i think it was 200 or so for lows, superlows arent much more expensive...King superlows will do ya good, maybe joe can sort something out for ya ?[/QUOTE]

Are King Superlows 'too low' on a MY01? I have seen Joes car and it looks pretty sweet.

Not sure what size rim he was running.

wrxsti 26-06-2007 08:45 PM

Tein Coilovers =)
Tein springs eheheh

tone79 26-06-2007 08:50 PM

i had h&r in my sti awesome ride, perfect height. got them from prospeedracing.com.au

RichX 26-06-2007 08:57 PM

H&R look to be pricey springs .. Don't really wanna spend much over $600 installed and aligned.

agentorange 26-06-2007 09:28 PM

I say neg on the Kings...I remember there was a thread that was called "Worst mod ever"...Kings made it into the list.

H&R are really good, so are Whiteline Control or Flat out. Flat out is a little lower than the control.

col 26-06-2007 09:52 PM

i just bought 1C3's second hand king superlows and my bug eye sits great. looks nice and low, as you said looks a bit higher at the front, and drivability is not affected at all. for a budget option they're great, ride is a bit firmer but not over the top. i don't have to crawl up my drive why or other speed bumps at shoppings centers at all. i haven't had anyone in the back seat driving yet so can't comment on what it's like when the cars loaded up but from what i hear it's fine.

if i can be bothered when i wake up from nightshift tomorrow i'll take a pick of my filthy car and show you the ride height.