Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

It would only be a small loan seeing as he has $25K already. Unless thats under finance as well. If not, a $4K loan is not much to take care of for all the goodies you get on a newer STI.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:47 PM
STI Master

perthzed at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
It would only be a small loan seeing as he has $25K already. Unless thats under finance as well. If not, a $4K loan is not much to take care of for all the goodies you get on a newer STI.
Yup, true 4K isn't much, surely it wouldn't take long to save that though. We have become a nation of impatient borrowers with greedy banks eager to lend money left right and centre. I know few people who actually save for things they want. And there is a young person in here who bought a new WRX, big loan... thats just something that should be discouraged. I drove around in a crappy Sigma for years and I was tempted so many times to get a loan, especially when all my mates were driving around in new Commodores or whatever, but I'm glad I waited and saved.

Last edited by perthzed; 09-07-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:49 PM

True. If its possible, its better just to save up and fuck the bank. Its not cars are going up in value, so if your patient, you can end up with a much better car to start off with.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

my99wrx at standard level

got my my99 wrx for 17 000 only done 119000 smik condition just tht one idle problem which i workin on
Old 09-07-2007, 10:30 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

rexsta at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by [4MUFF]
There is a dark blue stock as a rock GC8 MY00 at Aliphon Auto Sales. I think it was marked 23k bit steep but clean.

Your best bet is to drive a GC8 and GDA and see what you like. I must say I did enjoy my old GC8 but it also had its drawbacks.

Brendan
haha funny you should mention this! i went there this week and made a offer of 21 500 and he wouldnt even budge to that! having said this it is excellent condition and only 113 000 on the clock!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Sir AntiLag

Makoto at standard level

go for my03 , saw one going for $28k
Old 10-07-2007, 12:24 AM
Sir AntiLag

fsk at standard level

i cant really afford to break the budget, i want to buy a house sometime in the next 3 years and im going to sell the wrx i buy to go towards the deposit and then get something brand new along with the house..so im really just looking for something stock,low km's and before the bugeye for as close to 20k as possible..something that wont depreciate in value much so i can sell it in a few years without losing much..
Old 10-07-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsk
i cant really afford to break the budget, i want to buy a house sometime in the next 3 years and im going to sell the wrx i buy to go towards the deposit and then get something brand new along with the house..so im really just looking for something stock,low km's and before the bugeye for as close to 20k as possible..something that wont depreciate in value much so i can sell it in a few years without losing much..
Forget about it then. Gc8s are getting cheaper by the day. In three years time an average 99 WRX will be more than likely be worth less then 15K. Unless you get a 2 door STI.

Last edited by Mister Two; 10-07-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Sir AntiLag

fsk at standard level

hmm i was hoping to lose 3/4grand or so max if i kept it immaculate, i drive a 2nd car to work so it would put on 10,000kilometers a year max..really most other cars around the 20k mark would devalue more than a wrx..i gota settledown and think it through

theres a few worked early 90's RS libertys around maybe i should pick up one of them and get that house sooner
Old 10-07-2007, 01:03 AM

Theres a few RS Libs around, but they are hard to find in WA. There are plenty for sale over east. Theres one for around $15K thats had a lot of work done to it. 2.5L big turbo, etc... runs 11s.

$10K is the average price for one in decent condition with around 200,000 kms on it. Wagons are a little more being much rarer.

Tags
wrx