Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   F@kn Keypad 02' (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/13659-f%40kn-keypad-02-a.html)

J ReXXX 10-07-2007 12:37 PM

F@kn Keypad 02'

Anyone know how to stop the anti hijack feature on 02' touchpad. Every time i open driver/ passenger door while car running, car starts shut sequence, beeps etc and turns off. Not planning on getting car jacked any time soon so wanna turn it off. Its almost as annoying as the chirpy fukn keypad itself... thanks

nachjoe 10-07-2007 12:50 PM

i was gonna diable mine...but then I thought may be a good idea to keep it...its annoying but may save my car one day...who knows...the worlds turning into a very dodgy place....btw it should only activate with the drivers door not the passenger.

The manual says if im correct, that subaru can disable it..if you find out another way..be sure to let me know.

Kato 10-07-2007 01:24 PM

You can disable it, however you leave yourself open for insurance issues should anything ever happen.

What exactly is the problem you are having with it? Most people manage with it fine.

It is activated with the driver's seatbelt and drivers door only. Passengers can get in and out, so not sure what the problem is there?

rex rider 10-07-2007 01:29 PM

I spoke with my insurance company (HBF) about this and was told that as long as the car had a working immobiliser then its not a problem.

Not that I don't trust them but I wrote down the name of the person I spoke with, the exact time and date so if I ever need to I can ask them to produce the recording of the conversation.

harlz21 10-07-2007 01:44 PM

tip: take your seatbelt off plug it back in before you open your door then get out

slightly annoying but it works :)

ImPreSiV 10-07-2007 01:46 PM

"conversations are recorded for training purposes..."

My anti-hijak is disabled, but it was like that when I bought the car. Not sure how to turn it back on, and its not really bothering me having it off. I don't intend on getting my car hijacked... and i dont drive thru area's that this will occur (hopefully)

Plus, I have "other" anti-hijak devices in my car anyway...

Adz 10-07-2007 01:59 PM

1...Valet mode
2...Manual arming mode
3...Auto arming mode
4...Anti-hijack OFF
5...Anti-hijack ON

Taktics 10-07-2007 02:05 PM

The instrustions should all be in your alarm user maunal together with your log book.

nachjoe 10-07-2007 02:06 PM

hahaha really! that actually works?

[QUOTE=harlz21]tip: take your seatbelt off plug it back in before you open your door then get out

slightly annoying but it works :)[/QUOTE]

RichX 10-07-2007 02:12 PM

[QUOTE=harlz21]tip: take your seatbelt off plug it back in before you open your door then get out

slightly annoying but it works :)[/QUOTE]

Cool, will give that a go when i get out to check the Mailbox tonight. I usually check the Mailbox, then come down the driveway at full boost to park the car before the brandt cuts in :headbang: