Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   *STOLEN rims and tyres * (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/13905-%2Astolen-rims-tyres-%2A.html)

megs_wrx 20-07-2007 05:51 PM

*STOLEN rims and tyres *

Yep you read correctly my rims and tyres were stolen last night from the smash repair yard.

My car was up on a hoist and all tyres and rims including the front drivers side one which is very damaged were stolen.

As if things arn't bad enough the smash repair place arnt insured for other cars while on premises... including in the workshop. So Just Cars wants to chop me with another excess.

Just a warning lol and keep a look out for "2nd hand" genuine subaru rims and tyres... that may surface in the next few weeks.

Oh and being genuine subaru products they are data dotted to my car!

gumby 20-07-2007 05:55 PM

sorry to hear. Your not having much luck. :(

Yeah, its shit, but all panel beaters have that same policy, although I think Just Car are full of shit wanting more from you.

Fozzy 20-07-2007 05:55 PM

Its the smash repairers problem.. Tell Just cars to chase them up for the excess..

Your car is in the workshops care.. They need to fix the problem out of their pocket.. You cant deliver a car to them and have them just return it with no wheels.. I would be getting hold of a lawyer quick smart.

Kato 20-07-2007 06:00 PM

Woah.

Firstly, who the hell steals stock rims!? And damaged ones to boot.

Secondly, why do you need to pay an extra excess? Just Cars has sent your car to their repairers be repaired. Anything that happens to it in the repair process is their problem. As for the smash repairer not having insurance... Well that sounds very suspicious too.

Luigi 20-07-2007 06:02 PM

Thats Bull $h!T I would tell Just Car to go JUST .............. You must be so unlucky. I'm with Fozzy Just car shouldnt be hitting you with more $$$ when its all totally out of your control.

gumby 20-07-2007 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=Fozzy]Its the smash repairers problem.. Tell Just cars to chase them up for the excess..

Your car is in the workshops care.. They need to fix the problem out of their pocket.. You cant deliver a car to them and have them just return it with no wheels.. I would be getting hold of a lawyer quick smart.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with you, under normal cirmustances, they wouldnt be, as it would be in the fine print on the quote or sheet given to you, that they will not take responsibility for cars on site, prior to commencement of work. (Many mechanics have the same policy, including Subaru dealerships in regards to cars getting service/work done)

but since Just Cars are dealing with it, then it should be their problem, not yours megs. The problem is just getting the insurance company to agree.

If unsure, there are places to ring to find out exactly what your rights are on this, because thats a load of crap.

STI325V6 20-07-2007 06:04 PM

Don't take any crap from the insurer or the smash repairer, your car is under someone else's care and it is their responsibilty.

How conveniant that your wheels get "stolen" from the smash repairer when they were off the car!!!, they should have been locked up safely.

There is no way you should have to pay another excess, if you have trouble go to the insurance ombudsman..

Good Luck

Fozzy 20-07-2007 06:09 PM

The car was on the hoist with parts removed.. I consider that being worked on.. If they are working on it then they would have to have insurance on it.. Its not like it was out the back in a holding yard..

mr_psi 20-07-2007 06:09 PM

smash on

uglycong 20-07-2007 06:22 PM

damn..

if you have to pay another excess for the rim and tyres, might be better to go aftermarket ?