Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-2005, 09:29 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

AD 12 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup
I say if you want to put a kick arse stereo, neons etc etc into your car. You go right ahead. Bottom line you want your car the way YOU like it, don't listen to all these other brainiac ideas/opinions "this is a performance club, not rice, if you dont like it, BYE BYE". All I can say is get fukd.
Everyones cars are individual and if there are people who wanna bag you over it cos you like the more visual side of it and less on the performance, well so be it.
But also as the others said, definately do research and look right into anything your going to do. As long as your happy and don't do things half arsed, it will be a very nice car.............regardless of what the other owners in here say who appear maybe that they are just jealous because they dont have an 06 sti.

My 2c.
yep thats a good advice just do what ever u feel like doing to your car(do a lot of research!) as long as ur happy with it.
Old 19-09-2005, 07:39 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

wai, This informal group is born on humor. We pull the piss out of race religion stereo types etc etc. It is not ment to be taken too seriously.

I think it would be fair to say that alot of us are performance orientated and will pull the piss out of any 2F2F stuff. we are just having a lend of you

Do what you want with your car, congrats on the choice, just keep with the rep that the rex has, a giant killer, it has never been a car renound for its mainstream looks (even though all of use on here totally loves their car I'm sure).

I enjoy smoking cars via performance rather than show, but thaat is just me. Wanna impress? then show all those hot latina chicks at JTC just how quick a rex can get off the mark I'm sure they would like that more than some deep bass and flashing lights.

anyway, this is just my opinion. Have fun and be prepared for some light hearted keyboard abuse.
Old 19-09-2005, 09:34 AM
wombat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddyup
I say if you want to put a kick arse stereo, neons etc etc into your car. You go right ahead. Bottom line you want your car the way YOU like it, don't listen to all these other brainiac ideas/opinions "this is a performance club, not rice, if you dont like it, BYE BYE". All I can say is get fukd.
Everyones cars are individual and if there are people who wanna bag you over it cos you like the more visual side of it and less on the performance, well so be it.
But also as the others said, definately do research and look right into anything your going to do. As long as your happy and don't do things half arsed, it will be a very nice car.............regardless of what the other owners in here say who appear maybe that they are just jealous because they dont have an 06 sti.

My 2c.
werd.......
Old 20-09-2005, 11:35 AM
STI Master

Andy at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethos
Get with it! This "club" is for performance and not rice...
I've found out the hard way so get used to it or BYE BYE...

coming from you bern -eye..thats VERY rich...rice pioneer.
Old 20-09-2005, 12:50 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

fmx_rider at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wai
and YES i got my first driver linc in 2001.
secondly i didnt post this thread to show off, i have never own a turbo car before so i was asking for suggestions.
Might I suggest some driving lessons with the change left over after the neons.........otherwise your paintjob won't be show quality for very long.

My 1 cent.
Old 20-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

chee at standard level

subaru provides you with ahg driving lessons for the under 25 when it comes to new sti's.
Old 20-09-2005, 04:32 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

Dude head down to the pit stop book shop. Pick up a book called "21st Century Performance" read it front to back & thank me later. Your talking about 10 second cars & all this crazy shit.. we need to start with the basics.

Don't mind the guys playing.. the thing with it is, rex enthusiast’s get a little narky when you start talking about modifying our hero car half assed.

As Jme mentioned neon’s are well homo, not that there's anything wrong with that. But I'd keep that shit in the closet

Last edited by STi Tuned; 20-09-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 20-09-2005, 05:07 PM
STI Master

[I 86 I] at standard level

New sti -
Altho this is the previous model sti

http://www.crawfordperformance.com/g...i?sectionID=54
This would prob have people drooling at your ride more than neons and crazy paint.
But if its crazy paint etc your after then go for it.... Some suggestions to also chuck on your new sti would be ....

- Nice jap lightweight 18's ... something like Rays etc
- Coil overs to give it the dumped look, and stiff as handling (altho prob not nice to drive)
- FMIC ... all nicely fitted and neat
- Zorst.. typical cannon style etc
- Carbon bonnet (if you want but will cause more prob with cops than u want)
- And be one of the 1st people to get a bodykit for it........ something tastefull tho.... im sure you will find one on the net
Old 20-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

waxdass at standard level
Send a message via MSN to waxdass

Quote:
Originally Posted by chee
dont need to be hasty now tode, even if he doesnt have his license, he probably knows to take off his handbrake when hes dragging
its about the chocco style. so u can sit lower in your seat, and not have a leg on the brake. in my case, i saw sum hot women on my left

you azn's wouldnt understand...you dont see any chocco's adding colourstorm do u chee?
Old 20-09-2005, 08:53 PM
STI Master

wai at standard level
Send a message via MSN to wai

i called the suabru dealer priciple yesterday, he said if i order one on weds i should get mine at the end of the month when the osborne park dealer is having its launch.

Tags
2006, owners, sti