Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Gearbox broken by wheel aligner, Please help... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/13960-gearbox-broken-wheel-aligner-please-help.html)

Smokey 22-07-2007 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=Mister Two]Most gearboxes that die don't break on the launch. Rather its really fast changes into 2nd and 3rd that strip gear sets.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what i was getting at with the 'etc' :) but my point was that the driving style of the owner is going to play a big part in it.

Was he flat shifting? Do you flat shift often? :P

dabomb789 22-07-2007 05:27 PM

ok i know many of you might think that the gearbox could have been damaged by my driving style, but i drive like a granny cos i shift gears at 2000-2500 rpms and i dun engage 1st gear till i come to a complete stop. All i wanted WAS A WHEEL ALIGNMENT ffs... and this shit had to come down on me... :( and why was the wheel aligner driving so fast on a 60km road????? haiz... sighzzz....

thanks to the kind peeps that gave me some information... please pm me if you have any insights on what i should do and where to go from here.

regards allan.

perthzed 22-07-2007 05:37 PM

Surely the WRX gearbox isn't that weak that a couple of poor gear changes would wreck the box? I doubt you will be able to prove that he was driving it recklessly unless you have some objective witnesses. Even then this doesn't prove the gearbox was damaged by him as the state of it was unknown. It might have been on it's last legs which only makes him partially responsible. Personally I would drop it and put it down to experience. In future take it somewhere that has a good reputation.

dabomb789 22-07-2007 05:41 PM

Guys thanks for all the replies and feedback, i really appreaciate it. i think from here on i would only reply thru pm's as the case has not yet ended. Please pm me if you have any advice for me. All i can say is life is unfair... once again thanks guys... :(

regards allan.

tropikal 22-07-2007 05:56 PM

[QUOTE=Broomy]Whats with the two "TEST" drives in the car for a bloody wheel alignment!!!!

They should only need to drive it in and out of the alignment bay. Its done by laser and does not require some "F wit" to drive it to make sure it goes straight.[/QUOTE]

If the car requires a wheel alignment why should they test drive it first? wouldnt it be a better option to test drive after the job is done??

NVRENUF 22-07-2007 06:07 PM

i would assume the pre test drive is to see if it has any major issues with steering or anything else they spot before doing the work.

same as suspention places they always seem to take for a drive first before they change your springs.

madmax 22-07-2007 06:20 PM

hmm.. west state, this is not where i think it is.. is it ?

it's a shame you didn't contact the police at that moment in time... a standard statement would've helped a lot in making this a more objective viewpoint rather than a he said, she said scenario..

this will be hard, but there is a case to answer there..

11secWrx 22-07-2007 06:29 PM

If its west state bentley, go all out on them. The wheel aligner would have been flogging the fuck out of your car for sure......I know this for a fact...

I used to work there and the owner is a real Fuck head and dodgy. No customer service what so ever.
Show him some $$$$ and he will be your best friend.

Ps did I say I dont work there anymore
absolute rude fucks

stebaun 22-07-2007 06:31 PM

im glad i took my car there when you were working there. never going there again.