Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Anyone know of late models getting pinched (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/13966-anyone-know-late-models-getting-pinched.html)

MKVIGTI 22-07-2007 07:32 PM

Anyone know of late models getting pinched

With all these a%&holes pinching cars lately I was wondering if all of the cars that are getting pinched are older ones and if the data dots on the newer models really seem to be doing the job or the tossers are pinching anything and don't seem to care.

Mister Two 22-07-2007 07:41 PM

Arn't newer Subarus supposed to be one of the most difficult cars to steal compared to other mainstream manufacturers? GD model WRXs etc...

WRXTASY 22-07-2007 07:49 PM

Unless we all start walking around with blacklights and looking at the Datadots when buying 2nd hand goods I don't think it really is going to make a snot of differance.

Major car theft and re-birthing maybe but not for commonly sold parts.

[COLOR=Red][B]*** A word of advice ***

Keep you car keys on you at all times even when vistiing friends. Hide your keys at night when home and if possible install a hidden ignition kill switch[/B]

**********************[/COLOR]

This particularily applies to WRX's without the immobiliser keypad.

Pettata 22-07-2007 07:52 PM

[QUOTE=WRXTASY]Hide your keys at night when home[/QUOTE]
Go to sleep with them. They'll have to wake you up to get em.

Kato 22-07-2007 07:54 PM

The Brant, 9 odd immobilisers, data dots and the like means the new ones are hard to nick, so long as they have the factory alarm setup still.

The only new age ones I've heard being stolen have different alarms fitted.

chee 22-07-2007 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=Pettata]Go to sleep with them. They'll have to wake you up to get em.[/QUOTE]

So get woken up with a knife/gun in your face or in your loved one's face for a car?

tuna 22-07-2007 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=Kato]The Brant, 9 odd immobilisers, data dots and the like means the new ones are hard to nick, so long as they have the factory alarm setup still.

The only new age ones I've heard being stolen have different alarms fitted.[/QUOTE]

or left in workshop mode.

Huy 22-07-2007 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=Pettata]Go to sleep with them. They'll have to wake you up to get em.[/QUOTE]

Heh, i keep both set of keys in the bedside next to me at night. I also carry one set around with me even when i'm not driving the rex. :p

devilfish 22-07-2007 08:59 PM

connect the chassis to the mains... (disconnect neg battery lead first)

Mister Two 22-07-2007 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=devilfish]connect the chassis to the mains... (disconnect neg battery lead first)[/QUOTE]

he he. would that really work and not damage electrical components inside the car in the event someone touched the car?