Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   What Happened to your wrx? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/15051-what-happened-your-wrx.html)

DarkMoose 12-09-2007 06:20 PM

What Happened to your wrx?

Just thought i'd start a thread with people that have had something happen to their wrx either after they have sold it or lent it to a mate ect.

For me it was my good old custard wrx (club spec 4 - love that colour), basically i sold it to guy that went to drive it over east to sydney! Pretty much car checked out he had replaced the whole coolant system and drove it across ho hassles. Anyways within two weeks the car was stolen, used in a ram raid on an ATM and then set alight :( You may have seen the pictures on the news about a year back!

Just thought some people might like to share!

Thodd 12-09-2007 06:42 PM

My old wagon was initiated into Chosen Few! haha

MKVIGTI 12-09-2007 06:43 PM

Sold My MY98 ( Green with 16 in factory gold wheels ) to City Subaru when I got the Pig.

Ran into the bloke who bought it a month later at Alberts morley. My Alpine deck was coming out and a DVD going in :D :D

Saw it round the area a couple of times over the next few months but havent seen it since.

Think I would like to know how its going. Was a Great car.

When I sold it the plates were 1C**414. Can't remember the other two letters.

Fingers Crossed. Hope it is still going strong. Hate to think it has since passed. That would really suck.

B4GT 12-09-2007 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=Thodd]My old wagon was initiated into Chosen Few! haha[/QUOTE]

which one? the white one or the ALL NEW Blue one?

madmax 12-09-2007 10:10 PM

hmm.. just as a quick start

1) sold a gc8, melted piston within 2 weeks.
2) sold a gtir[close enough], gearbox went 3 weeks later, guy burnt the front of the car at his house[electrical fire]
3) sold autronic/vf34[all new] after getting rid of gc8 and the guy totalled
his car 1 day after fitting it
i have quite a few more stories... non-wrx related though.

at least the 2nd last rex is going well[i think], considering the guy is a member on here.

Golding 12-09-2007 10:24 PM

not WRX's as this is my first one.

but my first car was a corolla which went down to mandurah

second car was a hilux surf which was sold to a guy in broome

third car was an 80 series which was sold to a guy in darwin.

so im guessing if i sell the rex itll be going overseas :P

Thodd 13-09-2007 06:01 AM

[QUOTE=B4GT]which one? the white one or the ALL NEW Blue one?[/QUOTE]

98 WRX, with 99 front bar and fmic

*Stockers* 13-09-2007 06:27 AM

The GC8 is currently being repaired and prepared for sale.

I have lent it to other drivers on two seperate occasions;

- on the first, got a phonecall saying the gearbox went. Clutch gave out shortly after.

- on the second, it turns up in the driveway with a facelift, of sorts. Was crashed.. :(

EYEZ 13-09-2007 07:27 AM

Well my first rex (MY99) I sold and the guy blew the turbo then the engine.

My last rex I sold in January to a friend of a friend ... he lost control and snapped a telegraph pole off at the base on Alexander Drv in June with it and unfortunately died.
R.I.P Suresh

Adr3naL1N 13-09-2007 09:34 AM

1st rex sold to som guy locally, wanted all perth-wrx stickers removed from car before he took it, never heard from it since.

2nd one was bought by lorry off here, still going strong

3rd one just sold it to some young bloke who picks it up tonight, will mention to him to join up on here