Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   pits help? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/16549-pits-help.html)

spikesrex 23-11-2007 11:33 PM

pits help?

Hey
i was recently yellowed for my bov, ride height, carbon bonnet and fmic. upon pit inspection everythign passes except now the pit guy says i have to see an engineer about my ppg straighties 1st - 2nd. says he wont pass them because of road noise? any help on this one? i didnt think that it mattered noise wise?

*Stockers* 24-11-2007 05:45 AM

If it is louder than the normal operational noise of the engine (not the exhaust note!) then it is a big nono. Apparently this is the same technicality BOV's get pinged for. Whistling plumb backs etc are fine because they arent a great deal noisier than the engine.

Loud gears??

Elrico 24-11-2007 07:44 AM

Go to a different pits and hope for the best id say, otherwise you pretty screwed :/

Adz 24-11-2007 11:34 AM

Ermm... I'll have to dig through the documentation.. definitely doesnt sound right..

JME went over with the holinger - though he also went and got an engineering report..

Any of the other guys with a straight cut set gone over?

I cant imagine howd they'd test it. Id imagine they would want it under the 92db..

trainwrex 24-11-2007 11:38 AM

yeh it would be a sound test... the engineer would most prolly be told to go over the whole car. Alot of drama if theres things wrong..

I had my tested by an engineer not the gears but the whole car so can pass u on his details if u like..

Elrico 24-11-2007 11:48 AM

Was about to say i was pretty sure trainwrex had huge dramas with the pits but didnt get pulled up for gears. Its pretty shit that the pits seem like a hit and miss situation.

spikesrex 25-11-2007 01:57 PM

[QUOTE=trainwrex]yeh it would be a sound test... the engineer would most prolly be told to go over the whole car. Alot of drama if theres things wrong..

I had my tested by an engineer not the gears but the whole car so can pass u on his details if u like..[/QUOTE]

yeah but for it to be a sound test what would the noise level be tested at? eg i can sit in 3rd doin 60 and you cant hear anythin cuz its only 1st and 2nd straight cut. i was havin a quick look through the adr's and i couldnt really find anythin.

Jordiee 07-07-2011 04:29 PM

bump

my mate can't get over with a ppg 1-4, he's been knocked back at welshpool and osborne park for them being too loud

i told him to get the guy to sound test it if they had a problem, apparently the guy at osborne park has turned around and said "it's a distraction i don't need to sound test it"
and wouldn't let him pass on this basis and that it was too loud

how much does it cost to get the gearbox looked over and apporved by an engineer, as that's what he's looking at doing, with no other options

ty in advance

teejay 07-07-2011 06:00 PM

Cheaper to buy a normal box and swap it in, pass, reinstall dog box.

Eat a dick dpi

Jordiee 07-07-2011 06:09 PM

dear god, "cheaper" more like less expensive, i feel sorry for him