Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Keypad module problems....FIXED! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/16713-keypad-module-problems-fixed.html)

gumby 03-12-2007 05:57 AM

Keypad module problems....FIXED!

For those of you who dont know, but for the few months Ive had issues with starting my car, more specifically, the fuel pump wouldnt start/prime on turning the key.
I had checked plenty of things, and it was diagnosed by Subaru initially, was the Alarm module. Which I had checked by an independant auto electrician (brother), who said nothing was wrong.
Eventually, when I got the car serviced, it was re-diagnosed as the keypad module (long story on how they get it wrong the first time)
Anyways, Subaru wanted $250 for the module, said it HAD to be replaced. My brother had a look, and REPAIRED it. Now it works sweet. :) :)

So, if anyones having issues with the system, just a suggestion, it might be cheaper to repair it than replace the system/module(s).

And for the few that know about the problems Ive been having......bout time I fixed it hey?? :p

Shinobik 03-12-2007 05:03 PM

I had the same problem......
F&*( key pad....I came out alot worst
$600 bucks

Alarm module + wiring harness + labour = :(

Wangara Subaru mate for ya!!!...Pissed but I can finally drive the car

Master D 03-12-2007 10:02 PM

i mean im sure its nice havin it fixed dude, but i liked the whack the bastard till it runs theory:D it makes for much needed stress relief lol

gumby 03-12-2007 10:12 PM

[QUOTE=Master D]i mean im sure its nice havin it fixed dude, but i liked the whack the bastard till it runs theory:D it makes for much needed stress relief lol[/QUOTE]

hehe yeah, it had its good side, although, I did get some funny looks from people who saw me beating the crap out of my dashboard. :p

WhiteRX 03-12-2007 10:37 PM

just curious what exactly failed in the keypad/immobiliser box?

Shinobik 04-12-2007 12:48 PM

the alarm module.... the thing that keypad is connected to and also the harness for the wiring loom that goes to it.....

gumby 04-12-2007 06:37 PM

In my case, it ended up being dodgy connections. They were all re-soldered and yay for me :)

WhiteRX 04-12-2007 10:17 PM

aah cool. I noticed that all my brant wiring was all just twisted together so i did it all properly with solder and heat shrink and has been fine since. My fuel pump wouldnt come on after a short shut down :(

gumby 04-12-2007 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=WhiteRX]aah cool. I noticed that all my brant wiring was all just twisted together so i did it all properly with solder and heat shrink and has been fine since. My fuel pump wouldnt come on after a short shut down :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, when my brother and I were pulling the dash appart checking stuff, he commented on the very poor installation/wiring for the brant system.

rwalker 01-02-2013 07:40 PM

Does your brother still fix these? I havent driven mine in so long it aint funny. Is there anyway it could be done without taking it in?