Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinga
Thast a real mofo bro, hope you get the cashola back.
Al
You and me both Al...

I am in investigation mode...

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 18-01-2008, 12:42 PM
STI Master

confuzion at standard level

damn man sorry to hear i got burned twice (vf22 and vf35) so i know how you feel, but i managed to get money back both times... still had to pay for the labour to take it off etc again but better than losing the whole lot

2nd hand turbos ftl
Old 18-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Yeah Alem??... Damn!

From all accounts, the guy I bought it off is a good guy, and my dealings with him up until this point have been very positive...
I can only hope he is as reasonable about it as the guys who you bought from were!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 18-01-2008, 01:48 PM
STI Master

confuzion at standard level

yeah i was unlucky, but lucky at the same time both guys were decent blokes.. hope you sort it out mate
Old 18-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

On a positive note... The car sounded absolutely Angry on the dyno... and it doses HARD!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 18-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

Hey Jim, sorry to hear bud... was just about gonna come over to see it at ASG last night after working late etc.

As it turns out, I am having similar issues with a VF35 that I picked up from rexnet... on further inspection it has oil in exhaust housing and all over blades of exducer- both Leigh and Ken have taken a look and had the same feelings. The worst thing is that after doing more research back into this sellers previous posts he has admitted to experiencing 'white smoke' and wondering about seals etc... yet still reluctant to exchange/ refund!

If you have the statements in writing that the trubo was in good working condition this may be enough to challenge the purchase according to DOCEP, however might be harder now that you've fitted the item.
Give me a call mate I will let you know what can/ can't be done...

Most forum traders I have bought 'lemons' off have always done the right thing, let's hope he's a decent guy.

Last edited by subarooboy; 18-01-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 18-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

After all this, i will almost definitely be buying a brand new unit rather than second hand, unless it has 5000km on it .. even then, it's a lottery y0.
Old 18-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by subarooboy
Hey Jim, sorry to hear bud... was just about gonna come over to see it at ASG last night after working late etc.

As it turns out, I am having similar issues with a VF35 that I picked up from rexnet... on further inspection it has oil in exhaust housing and all over blades of exducer- both Leigh and Ken have taken a look and had the same feelings. The worst thing is that after doing more research back into this sellers previous posts he has admitted to experiencing 'white smoke' and wondering about seals etc... yet still reluctant to exchange/ refund!

If you have the statements in writing that the trubo was in good working condition this may be enough to challenge the purchase according to DOCEP, however might be harder now that you've fitted the item.
Give me a call mate I will let you know what can/ can't be done...

Most forum traders I have bought 'lemons' off have always done the right thing, let's hope he's a decent guy.
Thanks Joel! Much <3

I am giving the guy the benefit of the doubt and from all accounts, he is a good guy, so I am hoping he will be reasonable with me!

If he is not willing to help me out, then I will definitely be chatting to you fo sho!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 18-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Sir AntiLag

RichX- Not really, as I've said most forum communities are pretty good about this sort of thing.
I have had some disasters, some purchases that I have just not been sure about fitting on the car (such as turbos) and 95% of the time people are cool about refunding and exchange etc (this includes members of our forums as well).

What the di*kheads forget is that any show of reluctance to exchange after you have initially received the faulty item only shows a further admission of guilt on their part/ that they had prior knowledge of the item being at fault... or... that they are in fact completely ignorant and really DO belief the item was perfect- in which case it's their ignorant knowledge vs professional inspection/opinion.
Both don't stand up in court if they have given their word to the item being in sound condition at point of sale etc... and in my case, if you have previous post quotes admitting that they have been unsure to the condition, yet have contradicted themselves giving the "ok" before sale!!

Jim- No worries. Yes, I totally believe in being polite and allowing the seller to 'save face'. Best not to rush in and accuse etc but be firm, and don't be afraid to pursue. DOCEP will go to the trouble of interstate dealings if necessary...

Last edited by subarooboy; 18-01-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 18-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Sir AntiLag

My advice to anyone dealing with forum trading:

* Make them state that to the best of their knowledge they are selling you a item in tip-top condition. Don't purchase it if they claim they are unsure.
* Get them to state the conditions of return if you are not happy with the item.
* If possible (not usually) negotiate a 50% deposit and the rest on arrival of item to you.
** Run an EXTENSIVE search under their username on as many forums they belong to. My mistake on this occasion was skimming through and not reading EVERY single post. (eg- Sometimes the statement that could have saved you the grief can be found in a totally unrelated post etc)

Tags
build, sti, tmic, vf34