Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   yellow sticker (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/17802-yellow-sticker.html)

maccar86 31-01-2008 10:32 PM

yellow sticker

hey guys just got pulled over by the cops for my B.O.V and they stickered me.. on the thing they filled out it said B.O.V too loud and 2 bald tyres.

my questions is what else will i need to change to get it over. i have boost gauge and controller, turbo timer, 3" exhaust (they have to be a certain decibal level right?) thats all i can think of that may cause a problem.

can anyone help me out please?

WRP10 31-01-2008 10:32 PM

Out the back of Autoclassic?

Was that you in the white RS?

Melt 31-01-2008 10:35 PM

Sounds like there arent too many crims out there these days! i read someone else got stickered tonight as well...
That sucks!

maccar86 31-01-2008 10:38 PM

nope was just coming home from a baseball game i had in canningvale. driving past the belmont forum and i pulled into my street, into my house, got out and they pulled up behind me and said we are pulling you over for "estimated speeding" and excess noise..

thats pretty pathetic in my opinion, and i only have 10 days to fix it, so any help on what you know wont be passed would be great.

thanks heaps in advance

Mat 31-01-2008 10:39 PM

[QUOTE=maccar86]

thats pretty pathetic in my opinion, and i only have 10 days to fix it, so any help on what you know wont be passed would be great.

thanks heaps in advance[/QUOTE]

bald tyres hardly pathetic. Rest of it maybe but tyres arent IMHO

10 days is the norm. If you need it extended they will without any issues.

maccar86 31-01-2008 10:43 PM

2 tyres yes fair enough buts its not like i was driving like a dickhead, i was probably going 75 in a 60 and they didnt even gun me..

it sucks none the less

maccar86 31-01-2008 10:51 PM

do i need to get rid of my boost controller
how much are silencers

etc etc etc

Fozzy 31-01-2008 11:23 PM

So you admit speeding and driving on bald tyres.... WINNAR!!

gumby 31-01-2008 11:39 PM

[QUOTE=maccar86]2 tyres yes fair enough buts its not like i was driving like a dickhead, i was probably going 75 in a 60 and they didnt even gun me..

it sucks none the less[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but if its a 60 zone, then most likely (I dont know the area) its residential, or built up, so while I wouldnt say you were driving like a dickhead, I also wouldnt say its the most intelligent thing to be doing. (especially if you have 2 bald tyres)
If you were doing 75, then its usually a little obvious that you are speeding, with or without a radar gun.
As for bald tyres, well, theres a reason they want tread on them.

[QUOTE=Fozzy]So you admit speeding and driving on bald tyres.... WINNAR!![/QUOTE]
lol I was thinking the same thing

nauli 01-02-2008 07:52 AM

You can sell the BOV and buy 2 nice new tyres...