Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Copped !! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/19067-copped.html)

Grnrx 08-04-2008 10:14 PM

Copped !!

Finally been pulled over after 7 years of Rexing :)

Green light, got momentum, take the corner at 55, fast,but not dangerous,intending to spa with an Sti two cars ahead, damn it, saw the cop car out of the corner of my eye, oh Fark,too late,maybe they didnt notice? :eek:
Radar detector going crazy,turn it off,lights flashing,oh great here we go :D
Had to open the bonnet, Gulp, thankfully the cops turned out to be reasonable and didnt sticker me, but need a few permits, they noticed,
Cold air and catch can, oh and stealth bov, he didnt say anything about 3' exhaust, gfb pulleys, vf35, avo topmount and link.
If i take it to the pits will i need permits for all the other fruit there and then,? the cop said i was noe in the "system" :icon_chee

BXT 08-04-2008 10:29 PM

Careful.....take it to the pits and they WILL find things they don't like = complimentry Yellow sticker.....been there done that.

Just lay low for a few weeks/months and you should be right.

Grnrx 08-04-2008 11:00 PM

Yeah, thats what i was afraid of, could just snowball.Did it happen to you? What a pain, ive made my Rex better than factory, the pits should give me a gold star and say well done ! :dontknow:

Grnrx 08-04-2008 11:05 PM

Oh, thumbs up for the cops,let me off on fairly borderline tyres ive been meaning to change too, good police work,checked me out,saw i was squeaky clean ;) and sent me on my way :angel5:

BXT 08-04-2008 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=Grnrx]Yeah, thats what i was afraid of, could just snowball.Did it happen to you? [/QUOTE]
Yes it did with my last car which was an S15.

[QUOTE=Grnrx]What a pain, ive made my Rex better than factory, the pits should give me a gold star and say well done ! :dontknow:[/QUOTE]
Know what you mean but unfortunately they don't see it that way.

Fozzy 08-04-2008 11:16 PM

Go to tech section in welshpool guys there are pretty decent and will tell you what you need to change to get permits

Grnrx 08-04-2008 11:19 PM

I Dont see why my car woulnt pass the pits, except for the engine number irregularity(new motor too).Maybe ugly Betty aint lookin so ugly now :walk: and NO mods that end up in $ endless $$

BXT 08-04-2008 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=Grnrx]I Dont see why my car woulnt pass the pits, except for the engine number irregularity(new motor too).Maybe ugly Betty aint lookin so ugly now :walk: and NO mods that end up in $ endless $$[/QUOTE]

Go the STi and keep her stock FTW!
If I had the cash handy i'd do it in a flash....you do get tired of always looking over your shoulder if you see a cop drive past. Just hope the new STi has enough chop to keep one happy so the temptation to mod doesn't rear its money hungry head.

Grnrx 08-04-2008 11:38 PM

Yeah, i'm really used to the power,great for long trips overtaking etc, love dragging it too, dont think i could handle a normal car anymore, the new sti has good on paper figures, well, maybe just a little boost controller could be added :eek: no, thats how at ALL started!

Elrico 09-04-2008 06:21 AM

Huh? Yellow stickers cannot be given out by pit inspectors? They can only reissue yellow stickers, however unsure about having different engine numbers. May get a little inspector cluso with that.

You hosed it around the corner, it doesnt matter what you were in, chances are they'd of picked you up. If the 35 was under a heatshield they wouldnt tell the difference, nor the TMIC/pullies. And a computer, is it even visabled?