Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   05 STi pls help!! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/19508-05-sti-pls-help.html)

kat 02-05-2008 12:13 PM

05 STi pls help!!

Hey,

I have a 05 STi and am having a few problems, if you know or have any suggestions of what it could be can you let me know???? It is driving me mad!! :confused:

First engine light came on and wouldn't rev of 3 1/2 4 got the computer reset all good just a bit of moister in the air flow meter so all good (this happened in the afternoon of a rainy day)

Second rainy day did it again but no engine light just wouldn't rev over 3-4. Not boosting 1-2nd gear and just lagging big time....but only on the odd occasion, it seems to be very temperamental.. (its doing my head in)

Got air flow meter replaced and still running all over the place and idling all over the place.

help!!!!

Kat. :)

DEDLYWEPN 02-05-2008 12:18 PM

did they reset the ecu when the afm was replaced?

and is the air filter wet still?

Kato 02-05-2008 12:23 PM

Have a workshop check the acutal codes to make sure you are looking in the right area.

Do you have a cold air intake that is mounted too low?

kat 02-05-2008 12:30 PM

Yeh they reset the ecu when replaced.

nah it dry now, but still running like crap!

afm mounted in engine bay where orginal box was.

Subaru had it for 4 days and it stuffed up the first couple days then ran fine the other so they just replaced air flow..
Still stuffs up!!

Could it be boost control or senes...??

Thanks

ITGRIPS 02-05-2008 12:43 PM

o2 sensor??

i know mine is a '97 but i had to change both the AFM and the o2 sensor when mine was running like crap

Intra 02-05-2008 01:45 PM

[QUOTE=kat]Hey,

I have a 05 STi and am having a few problems, if you know or have any suggestions of what it could be can you let me know???? It is driving me mad!! :confused:

First engine light came on and wouldn't rev of 3 1/2 4 got the computer reset all good just a bit of moister in the air flow meter so all good (this happened in the afternoon of a rainy day)

Second rainy day did it again but no engine light just wouldn't rev over 3-4. Not boosting 1-2nd gear and just lagging big time....but only on the odd occasion, it seems to be very temperamental.. (its doing my head in)

Got air flow meter replaced and still running all over the place and idling all over the place.

help!!!!

Kat. :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you've switched over to the fail safe fuel map. (even so it should still let you freely rev it to redline)

Does the car have mods?

Did people at Subaru tell you what the CEL code was?

nauli 02-05-2008 02:23 PM

'05 STi....still under warranty?
Any mods?

PS write in English so we can fully understand what you're asking....

kat 02-05-2008 02:52 PM

yeh under warrenty still but they don't know what the problem is!!

no mods just pod filter....

Intra 02-05-2008 02:56 PM

Pod filter would be considered a "mod"

What type of pod filter?

Kato 02-05-2008 03:13 PM

I'm guessing there is a cold air intake going into the guard that is sucking the water up.