Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Sideswiped my new STI (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/19732-sideswiped-my-new-sti.html)

beernuts 13-05-2008 05:41 PM

Sideswiped my new STI

FFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

On Mother's Day the family and I went for a leisurely drive and it all ended in disaster when we got sideswiped by a FARKING TOSSER in a new VE SS Ute.

We were driving along Canning Hwy, we were in the left lane, and up ahead a person was turning right into a side street in the right lane. As the right lane was slowing, a HSV GTO Coupe quickly changed lanes (from R to L) to get around the stopped turning car. Well, the SS Ute decided he would do the same thing - except I was parallel with him and he didn't bloody look.

Driver's door is dinged in with scratches, as is the right passenger - as well as the bit that goes around the rear wheel.

We stopped and exchanged details. Kid is only 20 years old and just didn't have a farking clue about road sense.

Getting it assessed tomorrow for the insurance.

boosted_kid 13-05-2008 05:48 PM

ouch bad luck its amazing how some people drive, at least the kid didnt do a runner, hope u get it sorted...

RXqME 13-05-2008 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=boosted_kid]ouch bad luck its amazing how some people drive, at least the kid didnt do a runner, hope u get it sorted...[/QUOTE]

Hahaha ... some ppl? It's MOST ppl these days!!!

Sorry bout ur car ... hope he has insurance that will pay up!!!

Luigi 13-05-2008 05:52 PM

Dude that would sux big time.

Feel sorry for you & your car.

Hope it all looks like new again

Foxymophandlmama 13-05-2008 05:53 PM

sorry to hear it beernuts but glad ur all ok. Hope he had third party insurance.... unlike some.

Trexx 13-05-2008 06:03 PM

NOT HAPPY JAN

At least no one was hurt (excluding you emotionally) - you have every right to be pissed.

beernuts 13-05-2008 06:29 PM

Yeah, he has insurance. No one in either car was hurt.
I've reported it to the police and filled in a statement.
I purchased the car 6 months ago and then had the long wait for delivery. Then it was off the road for 8 w.d whilst the exhaust and ECUtek was done. Car is only a month old.

Now I've got to put it in for that warranty job on the big end bearing and now also for the body repair. Might be another 2 weeks without Black Betty! Hopefully the bearing issue comes up negative - otherwise it could be more time off the road as they slap another engine in.

Huy 13-05-2008 06:55 PM

Fuck that. Sorry to hear.

Since you're in Malaga, you may know of Fletcher's Smash Repairs? They are very, very good.

waxdass 13-05-2008 07:18 PM

betty bad luck?

chee 13-05-2008 07:24 PM

was the ve ss ute black?