Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-07-2008, 02:08 PM
STI Master

chronic_2k at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nice_jay
I think I accidentally put mine into valet mode. Sometimes I can start the car without typing in code, other times it needs it… it’s random. If someone could PM me codes please would be much appreciated.
me also please.
Old 14-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Me three!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 14-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

I have a brant manual its a pdf file and has all the sequences for changing settings on your brant.... if you want it PM me and I'll email it..... Unless there is somewhere/how I can post it on the forum coz I'm sure others will want it too.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.
Old 14-07-2008, 10:44 PM
STI Master

meatbag at standard level

i love how everyone gets so secretive about anything brant related. i.e someone asks how to disable it - he gets shot down in flames, threads are deleted, people warned not to even mention that it is possible for brant to be turned off incase any would be thieves are reading and realise it might be a little bit easier to steal a later model wrx.

yet as soon as someone with a bit of a reputation on this forum asks for the reset code - there is no complaints, and 'all of a sudden' 10 other people NEED the code as well??

Rant over - my battery has been flat for the last week - can someone PM me the reset code too please
Old 14-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

Not sure about your systems, but my Brandt only asks for PIN when i try to start if i have turned the car off AFTER opening the door and taking off seatbelt previously.

If i turn off car, take off belt .. THEN open the door, it will not ask for the PIN next time i goto start.
Old 15-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Sign me up!
BLUE TEAM

Rexy03 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxymophandlmama
I have a brant manual its a pdf file and has all the sequences for changing settings on your brant.... if you want it PM me and I'll email it..... Unless there is somewhere/how I can post it on the forum coz I'm sure others will want it too.
If its deamed acceptable I can post up the URL to the brant manual
it does not have detail on sleep mode tho

Sleep Mode. - (after a flat battery)
To wake the system.
Disconnect the battery.
Turn the ignition to on.
Reconnect the battery.
press any button to wake the system from sleep mode.

Last edited by Rexy03; 15-07-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 15-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

Ok well since I dont know how to post the whole pdf on here I'll just post the section that you guys are asking for.

You will need the master code, that is the original pin code your brant came with. If you dont know it or are not sure, drop into your local subaru dealer, they can get it for you, from memory they need the VIN number and your master code is just a phone call away.

Dont try and use the code you have if you are not 100% sure its the master code.

SLEEP MODE

lf the vehicles battery is disconnected or its voltage drops below 10 volts, the system will automatically enter Sleep Mode (no lights on keypad when ignition is off) to conserve it's internal battery.
Press any button to wake up from Sleep Mode.
NOTE: The system will not wake up from Sleep Mode if:
. The vehicle battery is disconnected.
. The vehicle battery is below 10 volts.
lf after reconnecting the vehicle battery and pressing any button on the keypad did not wake up
system, disconnect battery, turn ignition to on position and reconnect the battery. Pressing any button will now wake the system from sleep mode.

Then you will want to do this.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.

Last edited by Foxymophandlmama; 15-07-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 15-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichX
Not sure about your systems, but my Brandt only asks for PIN when i try to start if i have turned the car off AFTER opening the door and taking off seatbelt previously.

If i turn off car, take off belt .. THEN open the door, it will not ask for the PIN next time i goto start.
I think this is probably what mine is doing... I haven't tried the exit sequence to check, but it randomly sometimes arms and sometimes doesnt...

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 15-07-2008, 10:58 AM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S
Ever since my battery went flat, my Brant has been doing wierd things... sometimes it asks for a code, and most of the time it doesnt? would reseting it have any benefit??
Mine did the same thing, it will ask for it once in a blue moon. You need the master code to reset it again. Subaru told me $110 to book it in, so they can ring Melb for the master code, so they can punch the code in. I told them they are fucking dreaming, if they want to charge me 110 dollars to punch like 4-5numbers in. Should just call up and say i need the master code to reset.
Old 15-07-2008, 11:26 AM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxymophandlmama
Ok well since I dont know how to post the whole pdf on here I'll just post the section that you guys are asking for.

You will need the master code, that is the original pin code your brant came with. If you dont know it or are not sure, drop into your local subaru dealer, they can get it for you, from memory they need the VIN number and your master code is just a phone call away.

Dont try and use the code you have if you are not 100% sure its the master code.

SLEEP MODE

lf the vehicles battery is disconnected or its voltage drops below 10 volts, the system will automatically enter Sleep Mode (no lights on keypad when ignition is off) to conserve it's internal battery.
Press any button to wake up from Sleep Mode.
NOTE: The system will not wake up from Sleep Mode if:
. The vehicle battery is disconnected.
. The vehicle battery is below 10 volts.
lf after reconnecting the vehicle battery and pressing any button on the keypad did not wake up
system, disconnect battery, turn ignition to on position and reconnect the battery. Pressing any button will now wake the system from sleep mode.

Then you will want to do this.
Big thx to Foxy , Just tried the sleep mode sequence, it definatly works. My brant is alive again and i have set the AUTO arming agian. Ive tested it, it asking for my code everytime. For all you guys that had a flat battery and your brant started to do weird shit. Try the above steps. Also for all the car thiefs out there, MY SHIT IS CRANKING! Dont even think about it.

Tags
brant, reset, sequence