Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   brant reset sequence. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/20800-brant-reset-sequence.html)

Hi_VoLtAgE 07-07-2008 04:24 PM

brant reset sequence.

someone please pm me the sequence for reseting my brant after disconnecting the battery.

ta,

phatskinz 07-07-2008 04:26 PM

i need it as well..

clubspec2002 07-07-2008 09:15 PM

im pretty sure it has to go to subaru guys

ryandarcy 08-07-2008 07:18 AM

yeah you'll need master code.

nauli 08-07-2008 08:11 AM

PM's sent

waxdass 08-07-2008 08:44 AM

is this whats requried when u also swap ecu's?

clubspec2002 08-07-2008 06:02 PM

(nauli) can i have it if it exists,

Jimmy S 09-07-2008 09:14 AM

Ever since my battery went flat, my Brant has been doing wierd things... sometimes it asks for a code, and most of the time it doesnt? would reseting it have any benefit??

waxdass 14-07-2008 10:18 AM

has anyone got this working?

PM me, got a few questions

nice_jay 14-07-2008 01:03 PM

I think I accidentally put mine into valet mode. Sometimes I can start the car without typing in code, other times it needs it… it’s random. If someone could PM me codes please would be much appreciated.

chronic_2k 14-07-2008 02:08 PM

[QUOTE=nice_jay]I think I accidentally put mine into valet mode. Sometimes I can start the car without typing in code, other times it needs it… it’s random. If someone could PM me codes please would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

me also please.

Jimmy S 14-07-2008 03:14 PM

Me three!

Foxymophandlmama 14-07-2008 04:48 PM

I have a brant manual its a pdf file and has all the sequences for changing settings on your brant.... if you want it PM me and I'll email it..... Unless there is somewhere/how I can post it on the forum coz I'm sure others will want it too.

meatbag 14-07-2008 10:44 PM

i love how everyone gets so secretive about anything brant related. i.e someone asks how to disable it - he gets shot down in flames, threads are deleted, people warned not to even mention that it is possible for brant to be turned off incase any would be thieves are reading and realise it might be a little bit easier to steal a later model wrx.

yet as soon as someone with a bit of a reputation on this forum asks for the reset code - there is no complaints, and 'all of a sudden' 10 other people NEED the code as well??

Rant over - my battery has been flat for the last week - can someone PM me the reset code too please :D

RichX 14-07-2008 10:53 PM

Not sure about your systems, but my Brandt only asks for PIN when i try to start if i have turned the car off AFTER opening the door and taking off seatbelt previously.

If i turn off car, take off belt .. THEN open the door, it will not ask for the PIN next time i goto start.

Rexy03 15-07-2008 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=Foxymophandlmama]I have a brant manual its a pdf file and has all the sequences for changing settings on your brant.... if you want it PM me and I'll email it..... Unless there is somewhere/how I can post it on the forum coz I'm sure others will want it too.[/QUOTE]
If its deamed acceptable I can post up the URL to the brant manual
it does not have detail on sleep mode tho

[U]Sleep Mode.[/U] - (after a flat battery)
To wake the system.
Disconnect the battery.
Turn the ignition to on.
Reconnect the battery.
press any button to wake the system from sleep mode.

Foxymophandlmama 15-07-2008 09:06 AM

Ok well since I dont know how to post the whole pdf on here I'll just post the section that you guys are asking for.

You will need the [B]master code[/B], that is the original pin code your brant came with. If you dont know it or are not sure, drop into your local subaru dealer, they can get it for you, from memory they need the VIN number and your master code is just a phone call away.

Dont try and use the code you have if you are not 100% sure its the master code.

[SIZE=3]SLEEP MODE[/SIZE]

lf the vehicles battery is disconnected or its voltage drops below 10 volts, the system will automatically enter Sleep Mode (no lights on keypad when ignition is off) to conserve it's internal battery.
Press any button to wake up from Sleep Mode.
NOTE: The system will not wake up from Sleep Mode if:
. The vehicle battery is disconnected.
. The vehicle battery is below 10 volts.
lf after reconnecting the vehicle battery and pressing any button on the keypad did not wake up
system, disconnect battery, turn ignition to on position and reconnect the battery. Pressing any button will now wake the system from sleep mode.

Then you will want to do this.

[IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii262/foxymophandlmama/manualarmingmode.jpg[/IMG]

Jimmy S 15-07-2008 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=RichX]Not sure about your systems, but my Brandt only asks for PIN when i try to start if i have turned the car off AFTER opening the door and taking off seatbelt previously.

If i turn off car, take off belt .. THEN open the door, it will not ask for the PIN next time i goto start.[/QUOTE]

I think this is probably what mine is doing... I haven't tried the exit sequence to check, but it randomly sometimes arms and sometimes doesnt... :confused:

Taktics 15-07-2008 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=Jimmy S]Ever since my battery went flat, my Brant has been doing wierd things... sometimes it asks for a code, and most of the time it doesnt? would reseting it have any benefit??[/QUOTE]

Mine did the same thing, it will ask for it once in a blue moon. You need the master code to reset it again. Subaru told me $110 to book it in, so they can ring Melb for the master code, so they can punch the code in. I told them they are fucking dreaming, if they want to charge me 110 dollars to punch like 4-5numbers in. Should just call up and say i need the master code to reset.

Taktics 15-07-2008 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=Foxymophandlmama]Ok well since I dont know how to post the whole pdf on here I'll just post the section that you guys are asking for.

You will need the [B]master code[/B], that is the original pin code your brant came with. If you dont know it or are not sure, drop into your local subaru dealer, they can get it for you, from memory they need the VIN number and your master code is just a phone call away.

Dont try and use the code you have if you are not 100% sure its the master code.

[SIZE=3]SLEEP MODE[/SIZE]

lf the vehicles battery is disconnected or its voltage drops below 10 volts, the system will automatically enter Sleep Mode (no lights on keypad when ignition is off) to conserve it's internal battery.
Press any button to wake up from Sleep Mode.
NOTE: The system will not wake up from Sleep Mode if:
. The vehicle battery is disconnected.
. The vehicle battery is below 10 volts.
lf after reconnecting the vehicle battery and pressing any button on the keypad did not wake up
system, disconnect battery, turn ignition to on position and reconnect the battery. Pressing any button will now wake the system from sleep mode.

Then you will want to do this.[/QUOTE]

Big thx to Foxy ;) , Just tried the sleep mode sequence, it definatly works. My brant is alive again and i have set the [B]AUTO[/B] arming agian. Ive tested it, it asking for my code everytime. :) For all you guys that had a flat battery and your brant started to do weird shit. Try the above steps. Also for all the car thiefs out there, MY SHIT IS CRANKING! Dont even think about it. :p

clubspec2002 15-07-2008 11:32 AM

Good to know i will be testing it in a couple of weeks when my car is back ot the road

Chad 241WRC 15-07-2008 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=meatbag]i love how everyone gets so secretive about anything brant related. i.e someone asks how to disable it - he gets shot down in flames, threads are deleted, people warned not to even mention that it is possible for brant to be turned off incase any would be thieves are reading and realise it might be a little bit easier to steal a later model wrx.

yet as soon as someone with a bit of a reputation on this forum asks for the reset code - there is no complaints, and 'all of a sudden' 10 other people NEED the code as well??

Rant over - my battery has been flat for the last week - can someone PM me the reset code too please :D[/QUOTE]

Ok so when your car gets stolen whos fault is it.......

Dont be stupid alright............ if you've got a problem with your alarm call subaru.

The directions to disable your brant shouldn't be put on a public forum PERIOD.....

Foxymophandlmama 15-07-2008 12:38 PM

OK I figured out how I can put the whole user manual on here, and I think most of us would find it handy to have access to it without having to go thru the whole "can someone please email it to me" thing. The manual I have was emailed to me by Brant it covers basic operation as well as explaining how to set ur alarm to Valet, Manual, Automatic, how to reset after its been in Anti-Jack mode and how to reset after battery disconnection or failure. It DOES NOT tell you how to disable your Brant.

If the powers that be are happy for me to post it up somewhere I will. Then they can lock it and it will be there for all to access.

Jimmy S 15-07-2008 06:31 PM

Hey Foxy, can you send me the instructions on how to change it from manual arm mode to automatic arm mode?

Rexy03 15-07-2008 06:49 PM

Jimmy S ur mailbox is full.................