Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   my08 wrx "have you driven one lately" (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/21062-my08-wrx-have-you-driven-one-lately.html)

nick6013 21-07-2008 07:56 AM

my08 wrx "have you driven one lately"

Have been reading a lot of negative press on this forum about the my08 and just wondering how many people have actually driven this car. Having owned an my05 and an my08 ,the my08 win hands down over the my05. Of course it needs mods to get it just how i like it (power, cornering) , but what wrx doesn't . As for look who cares , I don't drive a wrx for looks. :)

meatbag 21-07-2008 09:33 AM

There's this ugly chick down the road who is supposedly the best root in the world... but i still wouldn't fuck it.

nick6013 21-07-2008 09:36 AM

hey for some people looks are more important, everybody different i guess.

lebrunt 21-07-2008 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=meatbag]There's this ugly chick down the road who is supposedly the best root in the world... but i still wouldn't fuck it.[/QUOTE]

^^ bahaha bloody gold ! soo true as well ...

Smokey 21-07-2008 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=meatbag]There's this ugly chick down the road who is supposedly the best root in the world... but i still wouldn't fuck it.[/QUOTE]

If only you could drive with your eyes closed?

mr_psi 21-07-2008 09:57 AM

unfortunately you cant get paper bags big enough for cars

wannabox 21-07-2008 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=lebrunt]^^ bahaha bloody gold ! soo true as well ...[/QUOTE]

Whats her address ill give her a go? hehehe

nauli 21-07-2008 11:00 AM

Did a few laps around AHG in an ECUTekked MY08 STI last Friday...went very nicely.

WHITEMY08 21-07-2008 01:00 PM

Having owned a 96 and now 08 all I can say is that in stock form the boost does not come on as hard as I would like, but hey mods will fix that...

As for looks I didn't like it the first time I saw it or the second.... but when I saw it in the white it grew on me.

As for the ugly chick down the road... Beauty is only a light switch away :D

Pinky 21-07-2008 04:27 PM

I drove one when they first came out. so the memory is a bit faded, but I recall thinking it would be good as a car which is mainly used as a daily driver / car to go on country trips with.

As a road car they're very nice, The suspension feels softer compared to a GC8, but I'd be keen to try one on a trip, as it feels like it'd be great on some of the rougher country roads.

Don't really like the dashboard design, but the parts I hate aren't that obvious from behind the wheel, which feels nice enough.

Nice pedal set up for easy heel-toeing, and the gearshift quality felt quite positive, yet light.

Engine was too quiet, and while there was no 'on boost feel' it did feel like a fast n/a 6 cylinder.

I think the main reason it isn't selling is styling, and the fact that it doesn't fit the WRX image.

If it was called 'Impreza GT' and had a nicer interior it would probably sell a lot more, but to a different class of buyer..