Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   ANDRA Rule book...anyone got one ? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/22382-andra-rule-book-anyone-got-one.html)

GTLeggy 22-09-2008 07:46 AM

ANDRA Rule book...anyone got one ?

OK so now after much searching of the interwebs I find out that the ANDRA rulebook is not available freely and or the rules you must comply to are not detailed anywhere....you must purchase the RuleBook for $25 from ANDRA !

This sorta makes compling with the rules in a short time frame a little tricky...

a) Does anyone have a copy of the handbook I can get a look at ?

or

b) can anyone answer the following questions ;

1) Do Subaru`s(with a 2piece tailshaft) require a loop ?

2) Does the Battery isolator need to kill engine when pulled ?

Cheers

STI-257 22-09-2008 01:38 PM

1) Do Subaru`s(with a 2piece tailshaft) require a loop ?

2) Does the Battery isolator need to kill engine when pulled ?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

You definetly need the loop but just a normal isolator setup using your main earth should do...

GTLeggy 22-09-2008 05:36 PM

Where do they want the loop....front of the rear or front section of the shaft ?

CalisTurbo.com and ls1.com tell me I don`t need one at all with a 2piece shaft !! ... reckon that authoritry would stand up with the scrutineers ?? :evil5:

Blackbug 22-09-2008 08:15 PM

A loop is only needed if the tailshaft uses universal joints. So if it uses a cv joint no loop is needed. If a uni joint is used a loop needs to be fitted less than 6 inches from the center line of the uni joint. Most of the driveline protection section of the rules refer to rwd vehicles only.

Fitt the battery isolator to the earth side of the battery as said. How quick is the car?

Cheers

Brett

GTLeggy 22-09-2008 08:49 PM

Fist time out to drags with stall issues(only hit boost and spun wheels 2-3m out from line, brakes wouldn`t hold stall. only ~3200rpm before shunt...have resolved, now able to get 4200rpm on the spot and explode into tyre smoke instantly) ran best ET and MPH 11.51 119.8... has very close too a flat11 or maaybe :rolleyes: 10.9 in it, tune only to 1.5bar(385whp&580nm) thru auto trans) presently, planning retune to go as far as 1.7-1.8 bar or bust(new/spare engine already in planning stages !)

Have had a reply to email from ANDRA regard loop requirements ;

Justin

All rear wheel drive, and your vehicle drives the rear as well, vehicles quicker than 13.00 require a drive shaft loop. This needs to be 360 degree and located within 6 inches of the front universal. If there is a cross member within this distance, the 6 inches or less, there is no need for a drive shaft loop.

David Baker
ANDRA Technical Consultant
ANDRA Inc.
T 08 8271 5355 F 08 8271 6988
Adelaide Office No.2
T 08 85566444 F 08 85566444
[email]technical@andra.com.au[/email] www.andra.com.au|
PO Box 250 Kent Town 5071
212 Greenhill Road Eastwood SA 5063

...so I guess I`m going to be installing a loop just behind gearbag

Battery isolator set-up has been clarified also(I got hold of a copy of the 08/09 ANDRA rulebook)... Since isolator must kill all electrics and shut down engine when pulled I will need to not only install it on one of the main batt terminals but also cut power line(may get away with interupting warning light circuit to stop alt charging) on charging system. Kits/isolator switches are available with multiple poles to achieve this..

May be ready to head back out this WAW.

4 point harness - $185
Batt isolator with pull cord - $110
Tailshaft loop - $ ?
ANDRA SST license(avaliable from scruit shed at drags on the night) $149

Check, check check check !....time to live life 1/4 mile at a time ;)

Blackbug 22-09-2008 09:14 PM

The joy of ANDRA rules. The isolator on the earth lead should kill the motor. I know it does in my car. Havent tried in my wrx though. Just be ready for the dont come back till you have a four point cage, unlimited licence, firesuit, gloves, arm restraints, boots! Makes for an expensive wed night! Worth it to run the ten though!
I should be going down wed 1st of oct in my non-rex toy.

dtrally 22-09-2008 10:42 PM

An isolator on either pos or neg battery terminals will not kill the engine. It will kill the electrics if the engine is not running, but once running the alternator will supply power to one side of the switch and the battery will supply power to the other side of the switch.
The only way is to get a 2 pole switch or rewire the alternator charge directly to the battery terminal bypassing the switch.

EXPLICIT 23-09-2008 08:47 AM

Im assumning this is for Ron's beast???

flashrs 23-09-2008 01:08 PM

no no no no no no iant mine, its Justins hot shopping trolley, mines the same, but its a white sedan and manual not a maroon auto station wagon with pram in the back.......that goes like a cut snake..........

GTLeggy 23-09-2008 10:41 PM

....drove me loopy making and installing this little bugger ! ...removing enough shite to lift the carpet etc enough was a PITA !

[IMG]http://members.iinet.net.au/~zrinski/tloop.jpg[/IMG]

Got a Flash one here too ;)