Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Just a Reminder Guys and Gals (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/23024-just-reminder-guys-gals.html)

ORSMREX 31-10-2008 11:42 AM

Just a Reminder Guys and Gals

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just a friendly reminder to all wrx'rs out there to keep ur car locked away and secure.

I've recently bought a White 1997 WRX STI RA shit load of mods got my plates on it and so on... last night my house was burglarised in Baldivis and they took the keys to both my work ute and the wrx from the house while i was sleeping (scary huh).

They have then moved the ute to get to the wrx and tried to steal the wrx from my driveway. Lucky for me i had removed the battery from the vehicle acouple days earlier so they could not start the vehicle. 1 stolen work ute later and acouple of personal items from the house and the wrx didnt get stolen.

Now i got off Very Lucky but it looks like after a couple of weeks some High Performance Cars are being targeted again so take care guys and gals, dont take chances

Clayton

DEDLYWEPN 31-10-2008 11:52 AM

The blue maloo I see outside the restaurant?

fmx_rider 31-10-2008 11:57 AM

Time for a house alarm I think....$1000 well worth it.

ORSMREX 31-10-2008 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=MY REXTC]The blue maloo I see outside the restaurant?[/QUOTE]
Nah i bought a wrx two weeks ago from a mate sold the maloo i use to own, i now work for a sales marketing company so it was a AU Ford Falcon with a Trade mate on the back

ORSMREX 31-10-2008 12:02 PM

[QUOTE=fmx_rider]Time for a house alarm I think....$1000 well worth it.[/QUOTE]
Might have to do that were leasing though so the tenant can pay for it

miss_petepie 31-10-2008 12:31 PM

had the nth_suss holden, R33 skyline stolen and the suspect BMW stolen within the last 2 weeks all the same way...

my partners 180sx is up for sale had an interesting call from a potential buyer asking questions around what time we finish work, how many ppl live at our place etc.. didnt give that information out.. but yeh... totally not cool and looks they are targetting performance vehicles :(

also keeping an ear out at work to see if anything else gets knicked :(

TROLLEY 31-10-2008 12:43 PM

This is one reason I bought an MY08.
Who is going to want to steal that? :icon_lol:

TopGear 31-10-2008 01:21 PM

shit lucky there, my keys sit on the kitchen top at night but thats where my German Sheperd sleeps :D

phizzle 31-10-2008 02:09 PM

Arabic countries cut the feckers hands off. I think we should do the same

MKVIGTI 31-10-2008 02:23 PM

Might be time to electrify the key rack me thinks!!!

44,000 Volts should be enough I think ( can a sparky confirm for me ).

Anyone have an inverter that can handle the task???