Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Trust front lip (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/233-trust-front-lip.html)

sti 12-07-2005 07:28 PM

Trust front lip

U guys know how much it is here, or the best place to get a trust front lip for a 2002 sti?

I was quoted $300 at fibrevision plus $180 for fitting and spraying

Jet speed in melb. will do it for $280 just for the lip...(since i am going there in 2 weeks anyways)

Let me know if u guys have got any better deals...

thanks...

Bakks 12-07-2005 08:08 PM

Not a bad price.

Try Darren @ Technik, 9457 1700, and maybe also give Works Auto Accessiores a buzz.

Mat 13-07-2005 02:18 PM

Not sure about the lip itself but fitting and painting for $180 is a bit on the $$ side and im sure there quality of work isnt that great..

As paul said, Works Auto has access to plenty of stuff like that! As im sure does Darren!

sti 13-07-2005 11:06 PM

Cheers guys, will give 'em a ring tomorrow...

DEDLYWEPN 14-07-2005 09:52 AM

[QUOTE=Mat]Not sure about the lip itself but fitting and painting for $180 is a bit on the $$ side and im sure there quality of work isnt that great..
[/QUOTE]

Ditto! I just had an STi front lip put on mine, $100 for fitting and painting.

fmx_rider 14-07-2005 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=MY REXTC]Ditto! I just had an STi front lip put on mine, $100 for fitting and painting.[/QUOTE]

Where abouts was that done? I'm looking at getting one in the near future too.

sti 14-07-2005 12:20 PM

$100!!!!
Share the knowledge...:)))

sti 14-07-2005 12:24 PM

$350 (Lip) @ Tecknik
$150 for fitting and spraying...

But they say it's better quality...
jet speed has a pretty good reputation also i would have thought...

Mat 14-07-2005 01:39 PM

ANY panel beater can fit and paint a lip.

Price and quality wise, you have to shop around (as with everything) but from past experiences a good panel beater is far better than a body kit shop.

I mean, $195 to fit and paint an STI lip on GC8.....

DEDLYWEPN 15-07-2005 10:55 PM

[QUOTE=sti]$350 (Lip) @ Tecknik
$150 for fitting and spraying...

But they say it's better quality...
jet speed has a pretty good reputation also i would have thought...[/QUOTE]

What lip are they quoting on??? If its Jetspeed, ring them direct, they'll be far cheaper, I've been down this road already. As for "better" or "worse", a fuckin lip is a lip, Its all in the quality of the paintwork and care taken when fitting, and in saying that, I believe a panel beater is the go - Technik (I assume) would most likely just get it done by one of the smash repairers in their Street (Augusta St)
Mine was genuine STi front lip, rang around 3 dealers, ended up gettin it thru Melville Subaru, they were far cheaper than total's or ossy park. $100 to fit and paint was from Romano's in Canning Vale, may have been cos I had my rear bumper and mirrors done too, but I basically told the guy i WASNT paying any more than $100, they did a great job, if anyone calls, ask for Peter and tell him you know me and that I just had mine in there for the front end work. he should remember.

Josh

I Think i paid $226.80 for the lip.