Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Scoobie Noobie

my05 at standard level

"Bump... got a few vehicles I'm interested in over east but I dont want to travel there wasting time/money to find its not what I wanted. Anyone have any experience with this company or anything similar to recommend?"

Chum,
Im not sure about the company that does that but I just got back from Brisbane to have a look at a 2nd hand car at a dealer. 28000km and full of stone chips!! Very annoyed but I'd rather spend a couple of hundred than waste $40000 if the car isnt what they say.
Old 13-03-2013, 02:27 PM
STI Master

reconus at standard level

You need to look at the registration laws for the other states.

Take example QLD. If you buy a car, they require you to de-rego it and you have to get a permit to move the car (can buy a daily one for $30). The car is then (organised by you) put on a freight to W.A - which you then need to go through the pits and have it all cleared for registration.

That's for QLD.

Unless you can register the car in your name to an address IN VIC, I assume you may have to do the same thing to get it into W.A.
Old 13-03-2013, 04:03 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

siaw at standard level

This is what I did late last year.
1. Call the seller, understand a little about the car, the history, mods, etc. Tell them you are a genuine interstate buyer and they need to be honest up front because it will be professionally inspected. Agreed on a price first using the information given. Don't forget to check the history for any monies owning or been in major accident.

2. Call up a well known local workshop and get it thoroughly inspected with some photos to support the conditions. Cost from 350-600 from my memory in Sydney.

3. If all goes well, call the owner with the final agreed value. If there us money owning, ask for their payout letter and call the financial company yourself to verify the authenticity.

4. Research and call up a freight company. Understand all the do and don't. Book a flight and fly over yourself. If possible asked again for the release statement and verify it the same day. Dont forget to get insurance cover note to cover yourself

5. Go see the car, test drive etc as this is your last chance. Asked if you can drive it to the bank etc and he can sit next to you. You are covered by insurance. If paying to the bank, round it up to a higher value, the bank will refund him and remainder can go into his account.

6. Get him to sign all the paperwork, the transfer paper of the state your buying from because dpi wa accept that as proof of ownership and purchase value. Just to be safe, write up a statement and get him to sign it. Sample can be downloaded from docep website.

7. It will be about 2pm by the time you finished. Transport depot normally need you to be there by 330-430. Take lots of picture of the vehicle conditions and kiss it good bye. It will generally take 10 working days to wa.

Things to note- you want a fairly standard car because it has to pass through pits. If you decide to fly over, good time to look up their local forum or Gumtree for parts to put things back into stock. The car is not registered in wa but insured nationwide. Get the temporary permit when moving the car in wa. Once it passed the pits, start modding and reinsure with your insurance company. Dont bother changing the ownership interstate, only do it in wa and give them back the interstate plates, they will sort it out. It's an offense to keep the plate.

Fun part-you can drive legally without the interstate plate, defeat all speed camera not the copper that pulls you over.

PM me if you need more details.

Joel
Kaoself likes this.
Old 13-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Sign me up!
///M3

Jimmy S at standard level

I'm also looking at doing this shortly, and, having just sent a car over east, the buyer just organised the transport, paid me for the car, and I dropped it off at the depot, removed the plates and off it went!
He got it, organised a permit to take it to the pits and was sorted! Not sure what he did with insurance, but that is what I plan to do if it eventuates!

'04 E46 S/C M3 Coupe
Old 13-03-2013, 07:48 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Kiiz at standard level

Use CEVA! Used them last month to get my car was here from vic. Took 5 business days as promised. Good rates and tracking the whole way.
Old 13-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Scoobie Noobie

my05 at standard level

Thanks Reconus and everyone,
I just wasn't sure about a permit to drive it as once he drops the car at the transporter it should then be in my name but not WA registered... I'll ring transport WA tomorrow and find out if I can get a permit to drive once it arrives over here until it gets taken over the pits.. Ive flown over to Melb (last weekend) to have a look at it... Flew back to start back at work Monday and decided to buy it. I'll have a good read through the forum shortly to see if anyones got any tips with transfer of rego ect to make it as easy and effective as possible..
Would have loved to have bought one from over here but there no s-edition foresters in WA!! Once again, Thank you guys and girls!!
Old 13-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Sir AntiLag

Evilliot at standard level

In my experience sending a car from WA to QLD, have the vehicle moved as a 'non-goer' to avoid anyone having to start the engine. there is an additional charge, however well worth it. Insurance does not cover the mechanical or electrical damage.
...... & chose anyone other than Toll Auto.
Master D likes this.

KB Rallysport
Project 'Monte Carlo' , Pilot Elliot KB
Weekend Warrior - Renault Megan, Pilot Adrian KB
Old 13-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

Okibi at standard level

CEVA are great i've used them before.

I'd never trust a car dealer. I bought a car from Port Macquarie late last year, given how much flooding they have on the east coast over the last few years I wasn't prepared to buy the car sight unseen so I flew over to inspect it.

I removed a few plastic panels etc to make sure there was no hidden water damage. You have to be prepared to turn around and return home if the car is no good. I left after work on the Wednesday night, kept to the major cities in case there was an issue with the car and managed to get home by Monday night 4,669 kms later without having to risk driving the Nullarbor at night. By the time I got home it would have been almost as cheap to get CEVA to ship the car back to Perth but where's the fun in that.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Bojangles at standard level
Smile Getting a motorbike from Eastern States

Hi, I want to purchase a motor bike from the east, do you know any companies which arrange pick up, transport and rego? I did it 7 years ago when I bought a corvette in Qld and they brought it over and did it all, have since gone broke
Any help muchly appreciated.
Peter
Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Scoobie Noobie

LAGMONSTA at standard level

I bought mine from over east but as soon as u get it into wa borders it instantly becomes un registered as I was told by midland pits when I took mine over so be care full if still using out of state plates and if ur from other states they give u 3 months then it needs transfering to wa licensing

Tags
buying, car, eastern, states, vic