Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Subaru Tech Division

astralex knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to astralex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAGMONSTA View Post
I bought mine from over east but as soon as u get it into wa borders it instantly becomes un registered as I was told by midland pits when I took mine over so be care full if still using out of state plates and if ur from other states they give u 3 months then it needs transfering to wa licensing
Yes... I transferred my plates to Western Australian plates after three months of living in the state... I didn't not change them for the six years I was in Perth, I definitely didn't do that.
LAGMONSTA likes this.
Old 23-01-2014, 09:47 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Cubbie at standard level

I have just made a deal with a dealer on a MY12 demo model car in NSW, I live in WA. Given I have a grandparent in NSW, can I pay NSW stamp duty register the car to their address under my name and transfer rego to WA when it lands here and not pay WA stamp duty?
Old 25-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Subaru Tech Division

fobz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubbie View Post
I have just made a deal with a dealer on a MY12 demo model car in NSW, I live in WA. Given I have a grandparent in NSW, can I pay NSW stamp duty register the car to their address under my name and transfer rego to WA when it lands here and not pay WA stamp duty?
Can you provide ID that shows you live at that address ? eg: NSW drivers lic ?
I think that will be a sticking point there.

My flame suit is on. Give it your best biatch.

[COLOR="Red"]My STI's carbon emissions are offset by killing puppies.[/COLOR]
Old 06-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Morvan86 at standard level

Bought my wrp10 from Mazda subaru in Sydney and got it trucked to Perth, reason was you can get a newer model with less Kay's for the same price so it's a no brainer. One thing I do recommend to do is, dealerships can get an extra warranty on top of theres which is well worth it. normal dealerships warranty will only cover up to a certain amount 4-6k which isn't a lot if something major goes wrong. I paid 1300 bucks for the extra cover but it covers up to 20k and for three years. when I got the car it was in very good condition, took the girl to MMS and told them to go over the car with a fine tooth comb. One of the back struts was on the way out the aircon compressor was making a weird noise and the brake booster was leaking. I called the warranty guys (alliance) and it was sorted best 1300 I've ever spent. I do think if your going to get a car trucked from over east make sure it's from a big dealership as the guy told me, mate where the biggest Mazda and Subaru dealers in the east coast we're not going to sell you a shit car ( I was questioning everything as you do before your about to spend a lot of money on a car you haven't even seen and was going to pay this company to go inspect it but he said it would be a waste of my money which it would of been)
Also study up on the dealership What other people say about it if they have any bad reviews I'm sure not all dealerships was as honest as the one I went through.
Old 13-09-2014, 10:04 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

basil brush at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralex View Post
Wait, does that mean you don't have to take it over the pits if you've owned the car for more than 12 months in another state?
No you don't, not Sure if there is an age restriction, just transfered my 04 sti to wa rego, just had to provide proof of ownership for past 12 months , or they will ask for a fax of info from previously registered state's transport dept, pay for new rego and pick up the plates no pit inspection was required, I transfered from Qld to WA

Last edited by basil brush; 13-09-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Scoobie Noobie

Carbery is unrated

Old thread but I bought a car (BMW actuially) via Private Fleet (https://www.privatefleet.com.au/ a couple of years ago which they ended up sourcing from Sydney. I had the option to drive it on a 30-day permit (!) but instead they trucked it which, i believe cost around $1500. My rep told me they do it all the time as the WA BMW dealers in particular don't budge on pricing - seemd I saves over $4K on what i could get local.

However, all that said, I think this loophole m,ay have been closed cuz last week i referred a mate to Private Fleet to do the same thing and they said BMW Oz are enforcing a personal handover at the dealers. So fly over, meet the dealer, seal the deal, then fly back and wait for the truck! (or drive back)
Pimpreza likes this.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Flat Four Father

Pimpreza at standard level

I'm possibly going to need a 2.5 STI front cut or complete car, thinking Pickles NSW may be my best option as everything over there is a stat write off unless it's rare or super expensive so maybe cheaper than buying one here even with freight.
Yamaha Zooma 50cc rocket hopefully going with the Transit.

Tags
buying, car, eastern, states, vic