Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Sir AntiLag

Denver at standard level

what shits me most about the school zone thing is this..

in a quiet residential area i can understand the limit, but when they have a 40kph limit of a 4 lane main arterial road, eg grantham street in wembley, it really shits me, even more so, when there is an underground underpass, smack dab in the middle of the 40kph zone that anyone can use to get safely into the school, as it exits right next to it, and then don't need to cross the road...

thats revenue raising at its finest, its also as far as ive sene one of the most highly patrolled school zones for busting people..

serious, thats wrong and should not be happening
Old 24-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Scoobie Noobie

red_rex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narchi
the one thing that is annoying me atm is the amount of ppl who keep stopping for cars on their left at a round about. about 5 cars have done that to me know. Slowing down to look right is fine but stopping completely and then waiting for the car on the left to go is annoying. specially wen u expect them to go and u nearly run up their arses.
or maybe im just the unlucky one who gets its all the time
I agree. Same as people who are turning right into a side road from a main road. If you happen to be on the side road waiting to turn right into the main road, they have the right of way, so you can't just turn in front of them. I hate the way some people have to wait till there is a gap a jumbo jet could fit into in traffic before they dare to go.
Old 27-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Scoobie Noobie

cray- at standard level

unfortunately i got pinged in a school zone during the recent "blitz". but i felt pretty hard done by. it was in front of corpus christie on murdoch drive. i was coming from leach hwy and heading toward farrington rd. [it hurts double cause RARELY take that route to work]

anyway i was fully aware of the 40 zone and knew that they policed it hard cause a kid was killed along that stretch a few yrs back. the road goes from 70 to 40 and there r some flashing lights above the sign.

so im crusing along...i hit the sign...drop it down to second and ease on the brakes and then WTF! they jump out from behind the tree way up ahead and start waving me in. the gun said i was still doin 55 but they would have got me around the parry ave intersection. i tried to argue the point that i wasnt just going to slam on my brakes and get rear ended by some soccer mum in her 4x4 just so that i could drop 30km in an instant. i was genuinely slowing down and would have hit 40 well before the hill up towards the crossing but they wouldnt have a bar of it. sign says 40..should be goin 40. no ifs... no buts.

i dont know the range on the gun but from where they where camping they woulda been able to get ppl extremely early. i know i might get a bunch of replies saying "stiff shit shoulda slowed down more blah blah" whateva..i just felt gutted cause i know that generally when i cop a fine i deserve it...call it a 100$ wake up call to NEVER EVER take murdoch drive to work again...bah!

cray-
Old 28-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Sir AntiLag

Narchi at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray-
unfortunately i got pinged in a school zone during the recent "blitz". but i felt pretty hard done by. it was in front of corpus christie on murdoch drive. i was coming from leach hwy and heading toward farrington rd. [it hurts double cause RARELY take that route to work]

anyway i was fully aware of the 40 zone and knew that they policed it hard cause a kid was killed along that stretch a few yrs back. the road goes from 70 to 40 and there r some flashing lights above the sign.

so im crusing along...i hit the sign...drop it down to second and ease on the brakes and then WTF! they jump out from behind the tree way up ahead and start waving me in. the gun said i was still doin 55 but they would have got me around the parry ave intersection. i tried to argue the point that i wasnt just going to slam on my brakes and get rear ended by some soccer mum in her 4x4 just so that i could drop 30km in an instant. i was genuinely slowing down and would have hit 40 well before the hill up towards the crossing but they wouldnt have a bar of it. sign says 40..should be goin 40. no ifs... no buts.

i dont know the range on the gun but from where they where camping they woulda been able to get ppl extremely early. i know i might get a bunch of replies saying "stiff shit shoulda slowed down more blah blah" whateva..i just felt gutted cause i know that generally when i cop a fine i deserve it...call it a 100$ wake up call to NEVER EVER take murdoch drive to work again...bah!

cray-
similar situation to me. But i got done just before a sign went from 60 - 80. saw the sign so started speeding up to it and the cop pulled me up for doin 75 in 60. i argued the point and he ended up letting me off. I just told him that i had gotten done for speeding wen i started slowing down wen i past the sign and that the cop told me i should be doin the speed wen i get to the sign. Got out my speeding fine told him the officers name and said that is should apply to gaining speed. mentioned i would bring it up in court aswell and yeah got let off. Law sucks because it all depends on the ppl enforcing it.

Tags
multinova, raising, revenue