Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by urabus
Where are you getting that price from? I wonder what the option price was from the dealership?

Also it seems on the RA-R that the defi on the centre console must have also been an option.

Brendon
Pretty sure Muggz got his (which is now Jarons) from japanparts.com. Their prices are generally fairly standard.

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 23-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Flat Four Father

muggz at standard level

Blair is correct.. got mine via japanparts
I bought around may '07 but i dont remember the exchange rate back then but + taxes made it into high 2k- low 3k mark to my front door.

Last edited by muggz; 23-05-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 24-05-2009, 02:44 PM
WRXRW

must be a rare sight, even in japan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira Makoto
Subaru is eager to love (?) That I S201 ~ ♪
Found in shopping mall parking lot in a certain v (·_·)
You see every day and I never would have guessed this is ... I do not believe it.
Old 25-05-2009, 08:47 AM
WRXRW

im sorta turning this into my own personal 201 tribute fanboy page, but I prefer to continue here than start a new thread, plus keeps it all in one place.

anyway...........

i have been trying to piece the cars history together but its been so hard. every contact has proved either unwilling to help or it was a dead end, until now.

from the very beginning i had always noticed that on the sti-s201 website, this small photo,

it peaked my interest. is that DMS? as in Jamie Drummond Shocks?

well, it turns out it was!

he was involved in the project and so much so that the sponsored dms car with (dms50's) won two back to back gymkhana championships in that season. he is not promising anything, after all it was almost ten years ago, but he will go back through his archives and send me whatever information he still has (can't wait )

on the model specific he feels (like myself) that they never built the 300 cars, but rather only a handful, maybe 100? and the reason for this was because to meet homologation rules of the time. I believe once the initial orderes where taken and small production runs where made, that it was just too time consuming to build the car. not just from installing all the extra parts but also the colour specification and naturally that bodykit. all over the car you can feel the hands of one STi technician trying to piece it all together and taking a long time to do it. combined with this unrealistic build time and (i would hate to admit but it is a strong possibility) that interest and the high asking price (s201 or gtr?) put a lot of people off and eventually it became a flop. this also explains the s201 bi-wing being available as option on the last batch of v-limited's, trying to get rid of unwanted stock?

ive waffled on for too long. i just hope this sherlock holmes history casestudy is as fascinating to you reading it as it was to me finding out at the time!
Old 25-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RUSSGT is a guruRUSSGT is a guru

Im very interested in it and think you should start a new thread that cannot be graffitied by useless posts. AKA this one.

http://kap.industries/
Old 28-05-2009, 09:24 AM
WRXRW

spotted at a car dealership in okinawa

same car spotted at an apartment complex not far from the dealership.

unfortunetly i don't have the build number, but it appears to be a much loved prestine condition original car but at one stage a respray took place so its missing a collection of stickers.

i wonder how many gems like these are still tucked away in japan. not so much like the above, but 22b's, v-limited or even 202's. the car in the barn scenario wouldn't happen but the car stored in a small street carpark that belongs to someone like Hatori Hanso who covets "japanese steel".

Tags
factory, ultimate, wrx