Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   I fail @ driving..... (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/25451-i-fail-%40-driving.html)

jOh4n 14-03-2009 02:27 AM

I fail @ driving.....

:( :confused:

I FAIL @ driving. gearbox just RIP'ed again for the second time in less then a year!! o.O

is it possible to rev too high when deccerlerating in gear, was trying to wash alot of speed off by engine braking and third gear revved out to 6k rpm when i let the clutch go, i did heel toe.. then it went kaput when i shifted to third, car felt like it hit the brakes by itself. now engaging third doesnt do anything, just stays at idle. still drives fine other than third and alot of clanking sounds.. *sigh*

i still heart my lil dakdak though. now 6 speed or ppg :D anyone got any for sale? :D

fobz 14-03-2009 02:35 AM

Doh !

meatbag 14-03-2009 02:43 AM

[QUOTE=jOh4n]

trying to wash alot of speed off by engine braking and [B]third[/B] gear revved out to [B]6k rpm[/B] when i let the clutch go[/QUOTE]

Damn, how fast were you going? were you on a race track or just daily driving? sounds like a pretty aggresive a downshift to me...

still, unless you dumped it, it shouldn't have done that much damage.

Good excuse to go to a six speed :thumbsup:

SPEC IV 14-03-2009 02:46 AM

Ahhh mate bad luck!! ... At least you can look forward to an upgrade as you said :3gears: :toothy9:

jOh4n 14-03-2009 02:48 AM

*undisclosed* but it wasnt crazy. was on a cruise tonight, spirited driving. i didnt go from 5th straight to third, went thru fourth, then to third, but i def remembering the tacho hitting 6k...

BIG BIG thanks to blommer and friends for staying behind and cheering me up :D

back to business..is a gc8 sti or sti ra gearbox worth it? i see a few members runnning these boxes with 4.44 final drives. i do know our standard tall gears do put more load/strain on the box. so are they worth the coin or should i just bite the bullet and do 6speed/ppg

teejay 14-03-2009 03:19 AM

I broke 3.9 boxes, I broke 4.1 boxes, and 4.4 boxes. If your going to be angry on it the 5 speeds will break.

Dont waste your time, if you can afford it, and you intend on keeping the car for a few years, do it.

Cooper89 14-03-2009 03:29 AM

Yeah i have broken two 3.9 boxes. Be gentle. Dont flatshift!

11secWrx 14-03-2009 07:59 AM

PM sent

EXPLICIT 14-03-2009 10:41 AM

6 speed

Try not to engine brake with those rpm in any car, your engine may not like you for much longer either.

Taktics 14-03-2009 11:07 AM

My box jammed 2 twice within the last month....first time, took it out and split the box...thought it was shit stuck in the selectors. So cleaned it new seals, gaskets etc....

Drove fine for 3 days. Reversing out of work....made a clunk sound. Now my gear stick is in netural position but is still in 2nd gear if. Cant select 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I can select 5th or reverse, but soon as i lift off the clutch pedal to engage...it stalls.

Can it be stuck in 2 gears?

RAGE :angry4:

5 speed just doesnt cut it. Time for a new box.