Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Sir AntiLag

bumpstop at standard level

If you use an autowatch 446 opt to have the anti-hijack feature operable, that way if someone breaks into your house for the keys you aren't going to get strong armed for a pin code. They will drive down the road for a while, the car will die because they haven't pressed the hi-jack over-ride, chances are they will just do a runner then.
You need to specify that you want the hi-jack function when you book your car in with a shop or installer because it requires extra work and parts not just a simple case of switching a function on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
Hey bumpstop, I was looking at getting an Autowatch 446RLi installed somewhere in about 2 - 3 weeks time. What do you think of them and what's a rough price on purchase and installation?

Which Autowatch alarm has the keypad immobiliser and how much would one of these be installed?

Thanks mate, PM if preferred.
Mike, will PM you
Old 10-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Sign me up!
STI Master

grumpyrex at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTASY

I'm not really a fan of having to enter a code everytime I want to jump in the car either. These keypads should be user selectable. ie. Only have to enter the code once I park the car in the garage overnight, or go on holidays.
Maybe the Brant already has this feature, anyone car to answer ?

J
The Brant has Manual arming mode. The operating manual tells you how to activate it. If you don't have a manual PM me your email adress & I'll scan mine & send you a copy.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpstop
You need to specify that you want the hi-jack function when you book your car in with a shop or installer because it requires extra work and parts not just a simple case of switching a function on.
Bump is this a keypad or code to be entered or something else ?

Email wrxtasy@amnet.net.au if the info is to sensitive to be posted here.

Jamie
Old 11-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Subaru Tech Division

WRXTASY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyrex
The Brant has Manual arming mode. The operating manual tells you how to activate it. If you don't have a manual PM me your email adress & I'll scan mine & send you a copy.
That would be a good idea so I can make up my mind.

Email: wrxtasy@amnet.net.au

Thanks Jamie.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXTASY
Bump is this a keypad or code to be entered or something else ?

Email wrxtasy@amnet.net.au if the info is to sensitive to be posted here.

Jamie
Anti-hijack has a button hidden within reach of the driver that has to pressed within a certain time period of the vehicle being started or drivers door being opened and closed whilst the vehicle is being operated.
Old 16-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Sign me up!
IMPREZA STi S204

JDM_STYLE at standard level

Quote:
Hey bumpstop, I was looking at getting an Autowatch 446RLi installed somewhere in about 2 - 3 weeks time. What do you think of them and what's a rough price on purchase and installation?

Which Autowatch alarm has the keypad immobiliser and how much would one of these be installed?

Thanks mate, PM if preferred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpstop
If you use an autowatch 446 opt to have the anti-hijack feature operable, that way if someone breaks into your house for the keys you aren't going to get strong armed for a pin code. They will drive down the road for a while, the car will die because they haven't pressed the hi-jack over-ride, chances are they will just do a runner then.

Mike, will PM you
Hey mate can you PM me with some prices on the Autowatch with the keypad please, sister is getting a brant but i need something for the 204
now.

Cheers,

Wayno

221.7KW-ATW 498.5NM MMS ROLLER DYNO & BUILT BY STi NINJAS, BUILD #318/600

EBISU SUBARU, SHIBUYA-KU TOKYO
Old 16-06-2009, 07:21 AM
STI Master

Mike at standard level

After talking to Macey, I reckon the Autowatch 555 Clam with the anti-hijack is the go. It's what I'll hopefully be getting installed in the next few weeks.

Cheers for your help mate
Old 16-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Sir AntiLag

Due to numerous enquiries about the anti-hijacking feature on the Autowatch 446 premium and the 555 upgrade I now have the anti-hijack feature working on my own car so as to be able to demonstrate it to people. I also have an aftermarket turbo timer integrated into my car/alarm for demonstrations of functionality in conjunction with the autowatch alarm.

For those of you unaware, the Autowatch 446 premium also has built-in turbo timer feature. (ie: no need for an aftermarket timer, nb: extra wiring and programming required)

Furthermore the 446 premium also supports WPIR's.
Wireless passive infra-red sensors can be mounted in your garage/ shed etc and when violated will set the vehicle alarm off.

Autowatch also has a GSM based paging device that I have fitted to numerous vehicles. The 777 GSM communicator has the ability to notify via sms if the vehicle has has a door/bonnet opened, ignition energized, or sensor detection (ie shock, glass break, ultrasonic).
Old 16-06-2009, 02:20 PM
STI Master

Mike at standard level

Oooooh what will the 777 GSM communicator set us back?

Also, is there anyway to have a keypad wired up to the antihijack instead of a button? So rather than need it on start up, it will drive for a minute or so then shut off and need a pin. I'm just thinking, anyone with an idea would start looking around for a button in a weird spot and then they are good to go.

Last edited by Mike; 16-06-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 16-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Sir AntiLag

Quote:
Oooooh what will the 777 GSM communicator set us back?

Also, is there anyway to have a keypad wired up to the antihijack instead of a button? So rather than need it on start up, it will drive for a minute or so then shut off and need a pin. I'm just thinking, anyone with an idea would start looking around for a button in a weird spot and then they are good to go.

I'll have a think about that one for you Mike.

Tags
brant, cost, keypad, similar, system