Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   MY06 Radio/Alarm Issue (maybe) (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/27961-my06-radio-alarm-issue-maybe.html)

Brown Dog 20-07-2009 11:03 PM

MY06 Radio/Alarm Issue (maybe)

Guys

After 2 nights of battling bad weather and interior panels I have finally installed my aftermarket HU (still waiting on splits to arrive to finish full install)
Problem is now I cant arm my alarm system with my keys does anyone know if the stock HU is linked to the alarm in any way?

2006 CS9 WRX :book1:

PRODIGY 21-07-2009 12:06 AM

Not as far as i know mate, i had no issues when i changed my head unit..

I know this may seem silly but have you tried your spare key just in case the battery is flat on the usual key you use..

bumpstop 21-07-2009 07:00 AM

[QUOTE=Brown Dog;378837]Guys

After 2 nights of battling bad weather and interior panels I have finally installed my aftermarket HU (still waiting on splits to arrive to finish full install)
Problem is now I cant arm my alarm system with my keys does anyone know if the stock HU is linked to the alarm in any way?

2006 CS9 WRX :book1:[/QUOTE]

No, the radio has no bearing at all on alarm functionality.

What splits are you going to try fitting? I only ask you this considering it took you 2 nights for a deck install.

Kato 21-07-2009 07:15 AM

2 days to install the head unit?

What else did you disconnect / play with in that time?

deviant 21-07-2009 03:05 PM

I assume you had the battery disconected for some time of the install?

My alarm had a bit of a funny the other day. Couldnt unlock the car using the blipper so I assumed the battery was dead. I unlocked the car just using the key in the door lock conveniently forgetting it wont disarm the alarm which of course went off when I opened the door....closed the door and hit the lock button and it worked first time and has done since.

I'm not that clued up on the Subaru alarm / immobiliser....does it need to 're-learn' the key if the battery has been disconnected? Maybe just try sticking the key in and turning the ignition on and off a few times?

MY99 21-07-2009 03:39 PM

When one of my fuses blew (i think it was the fuse for the horn) the alarm played up big time - couldn't use central locking, couldn't start the car etc.

Check your fuses.

Brown Dog 21-07-2009 10:41 PM

LOL It didnt take 2 nights just for the HU I have also been setting up the rest of the car for when the splits arrive also gonna fit sub aswell. Alarm was playin up the other night kept goin off all the time think I read somewhere it has something to do with the battery goin flat but didnt touch that so dunno.....
Splits im installing...when they arrive... are pioneer TS-D1720C 6.5" the basalt cone ones got em for an awesome price on the net