Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   December turns out to be a bad month for me (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/30747-december-turns-out-bad-month-me.html)

Master D 11-12-2009 12:50 AM

December turns out to be a bad month for me

So i have just realised december for me is a month that i shouldn't go anywhere near a race track or be in a enthusiastic driver manor.

Yep i ran into a landcruiser nearly 2yrs ago to the day today
and tonight i continued my "excellent" form.

leaving the no limitz night tonight, i kept thinkin to myself don't do anything stupid on the way home. Started the car - brain went clear out the window and not 2 mins later i was backwards in a limestone/sand pit on the access road leaving barbagellos.

i did it on the left hander heading down towards the kartway.

so driving down the road over the dips and hills and stuff. speeding ( yes i know) braked heavily for the corner - was approx doing 80km/h if not less. off the brakes - turned in, front tyres haven't gripped, ive turned in more and skidded. gotten traction then spun the ass end of the car around and i have continued backwards into the sand. Now at this moment im thinkin sweet, just sand - i had the brakes well and truely on, no abs ( so it was effective braking:p) and i managed to miss the shrub but collect a decent lump of limestone.

so after much cursing and swearing, i gathered my thoughts and assessed the damage.

Drivers side front tyre has only broken the beed and lost its air. no biggy.
drivers side rear has got a hole, i heard it hissing. still not so bad.

the limestone has managed to break the skirt clean off the car and dent the sill panel right up and do a nice number on the drivers door.

pictures will be following in the morning once i see it all in the light.

big ups to gerrin from anytime towing for getting me out of the proverbial shit i was in.
to the young lady in the passenger seat ( no one from here) a big sorry and a hug was in order and quite possibly a kick in the jewels.

cheers to the people that stopped to see if we were alright.

so causes.
Dickhead of a manouver with a passenger in the car to start with.
cold shitty tyres + cold shitty tarmac = no grip

listening to the passenger and not my brain *ding ding ding*
HOT DOG WE HAVE A WEINER!

So once i see the car in the light of day i will get some pics and post them up for all to see.

i will try and get it fixed without insurance as i dont want to ruin my no claim bonus but if its bulllshit expensive and maybe a write off - which i really doubt - ill go down that path.

So yeah, What a great night................pity about the ending lol

Oh BTW On an unrelated matter, Jamie the S204 looked and sounded the balls and so did grahams S202.

EXPLICIT 11-12-2009 01:01 AM

Wow mate, very sorry to hear - it is technically safer out on the track :D

Terry.Wrist 11-12-2009 01:05 AM

Shit mate, when did you leave the track?
When I left (10:45ish) there was a bit of limestone spread across the road on that corner.
Good to hear everyone is ok!!
I've got another for the list: cold engine thrashing

DAN682 11-12-2009 07:40 AM

Sorry to hear!

I did something equally as stupid in my WRX years ago, however I didn't have the balls to tell the truth and fabricated a story to try and get out of getting in trouble with the cops... It didn't work.

evlgurl 11-12-2009 09:38 AM

Sorry, I high beamed you badly as I noticed you on the side of the road.
I wasn't a 100% sure if you had come off or not. as the limestone almost looked like it went past you.
Glad to know you are both ok & hope the car isn't too bad either.

damo 11-12-2009 10:42 AM

Sorry to hear dude we musta left after you I spotted the gravel, the starlet of fuery was as shore footed as a mountain goat on those roads :p

American Dave 11-12-2009 11:06 AM

sorry to hear mate but cool story none the less :D

RUSSGT 11-12-2009 11:25 AM

I saw ya there but you had a tow truck so didnt stop. Prob should have. Sorry.

Trexx 11-12-2009 11:28 AM

Sorry to hear

Glad you are ok!

Doyle 11-12-2009 02:00 PM

Sorry to hear, well read. I guess Decembers to come will keep you cautious!

Also carefull with insurance and net forums :o unlikely but...