Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Vendor

ULTREX at standard level
Default Insurance for WRX with MODS

Howdi all

I currently have a stock MY05 insured with HBF. Insurance -costs about $900 per year - pretty cheap! But I am looking at installing some mods such as chip/tbe/larger turbo etc - perhaps an APS kit.

HBF wont cover if you do anything with ECU....so who do you guys insure with if you have these mods? I want full comprehensive insurance.

Cheers n beers
Cooj
Old 19-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Subaru Tech Division

Josh at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Josh

I am with Just Car insurance and they cover these modifications.

Just a note - They are tight when it comes to repairs but they let me choose my own repairer so I was happy with that at least
Old 19-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I too am interested in this one... My HBF insurance is coming up for renewal and I want to start playing with car

Edit: Does anyone have the insurance running through a business instead of private?
Old 19-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I am with RAC,

They know about the Link, exhaust, suspsension

They had no problems, just took it to the advantage centre in Pilbara St Welshpool and they checked over the car.
I am paying $850 per year, full comp, 23, with 2 speeding fines, careless driving, 1 At fault and 2 not at faults.
Old 19-01-2006, 11:47 AM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooj
HBF wont cover if you do anything with ECU....so who do you guys insure with if you have these mods?
I'd keep that on the DL. Just tell them about the stuff you can see, they don’t really know that much.

An example, I had a crash where a tow ball went through my FMIC. The panel shop claimed a new Subi intercooler & sent pics of the damaged FMIC. They paid me for the subi TMIC which as it turns out was more expensive than the FMIC I had to replace.
Old 19-01-2006, 11:52 AM
STI Master

REXXX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kato
Edit: Does anyone have the insurance running through a business instead of private?
in this case, Westfarmers have been great in my experience, and very cheap for youngens
they require that you are infact an operating business, and that you have more than one policy with them.
you can always transfer your spouse's/parents/siblings/goldfish's vehicle to them aswell if that presents a problem.

Last edited by REXXX; 19-01-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Old 19-01-2006, 12:51 PM
Vendor

ULTREX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Tuned
I'd keep that on the DL. Just tell them about the stuff you can see, they don’t really know that much.

An example, I had a crash where a tow ball went through my FMIC. The panel shop claimed a new Subi intercooler & sent pics of the damaged FMIC. They paid me for the subi TMIC which as it turns out was more expensive than the FMIC I had to replace.

Nah I prefer to do it all properly so I am covered under all circumstances....Would not want for the insurance company to be able to back out of the repair because they found something they didn't like
cheers
Old 19-01-2006, 12:52 PM
STI Master

STi Tuned at standard level

I was with westfarmers when I was a youngster, they were good from memory & one of the only people that wanted to know me.
Old 19-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by REXXX
in this case, Westfarmers have been great in my experience, and very cheap for youngens
they require that you are infact an operating business, and that you have more than one policy with them.
you can always transfer your spouse's/parents/siblings/goldfish's vehicle to them aswell if that presents a problem.
Thanks for that. Anyone know of any other companies other than Westfarmers? I'm not wanting to move other insurance policies around, unless they are any cheaper than the policies I currently have. (I also like to get a couple of quotes )

The business side of it is of course an operating business (otherwise, why am I here all the time ) and the youngest driver is 24/25, if that makes any difference.
Old 19-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Sir AntiLag

WRXTATIC at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi Tuned

I'd strongly recommend you disclose all your mod's. If they say no, go to another company....otherwise you could end up as one of those suckers on Today Tonight explaining to Monica how this bastard insurance company turned down your claim.

Tags
insurance, mods, wrx