Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   brant code (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/3501-brant-code.html)

BALISTC 31-01-2006 08:21 AM

Anti-hijack cant be turned off without the code, so what does it matter? ;)

They can look in the owners manual and it'll tell them the same thing!

DAN682 31-01-2006 08:42 AM

[QUOTE=BALISTC]Anti-hijack cant be turned off without the code, so what does it matter? ;)

They can look in the owners manual and it'll tell them the same thing![/QUOTE]

Fair enough call.

BALISTC 31-01-2006 09:28 AM

:) :) :)

EVOCLUB 4 31-01-2006 09:28 AM

On the subject of keys etc, I only got one key and one remote for the factory central locking. If I buy a new key and new remote can I code them using a scantool as we have one at work or does it need the proper subaru equipment????? I dont fancy spending approx $500 for a spare key.

SC :confused: :confused: TER

fobz 31-01-2006 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=NVRENUF]and cani turn that antihijack crap off
if i want to open my door and leave engine on it fuckn starts counting down to shut engine off cani disable antihi jack or does subaru have to do that as well[/QUOTE]

My advice is just get used to the anti-hijack. Don't turn it off. One day
you will be glad you have it. With the stupid Govt making immobilisers
compulsory the thieves are slowly but surely turning to stealing cars
in the only 2 main ways left. 1) Hijack, 2) Tilt truck.

Keep your Brant Anti-hijack and get the Ezitrack. Better to be safe than
sorry. Saves kissing your baby goodbye.

Chrus 31-01-2006 01:09 PM

Yeh i agree with FOBZ, had my switched on-and its a pain but......can never be safe enough-plus i actually think that i have formed a emotional attachment to mine(i need help....)

Narchi 31-01-2006 05:28 PM

haha i dun even know how most things work in my car coz i didnt get books with it :( so can some1 pm me with how to turn the anti hijack off. Good info to know.
also some good key cutting places can do the encoder keys for like $45. Im pretty sure there is on in rockingham. Used to be one in myaree but it closed down but the one in rocko is like same company. Ill find out the name if i can.

olite 31-01-2006 06:35 PM

i thought only subaru can make the copy of the encoded keys? if anyone know where i can get copies please post it up, coz like mentioned earlier, $360 for a key doesn't feel quite right.....

Narchi 31-01-2006 06:40 PM

well im not to sure. All i know is they had a list of encoded keys they could cut. And they im pretty sure i saw subaru on their list. But my my00 dont have encoded keys so i didnt really care. Ill let u know tomorrow

olite 31-01-2006 11:59 PM

no encoded keys? i thought all new cars from 99 onwards would have encoded keys? even hyundais got them...

thanks for the help though ;)