Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Brant siren box in engine bay (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/38141-brant-siren-box-engine-bay.html)

smerm07 30-10-2010 03:15 PM

Brant siren box in engine bay

Hi guys,

I have had a search but could not find anything. The small black box in the engine bay which i presume is the Brant siren (has a key hole on one side) has decided to fall off. It cannot be re-attached as the mounting point has either broken/corroded.

Has anyone come across this issue? I have cable tied it around and then attached it with more cable ties to old bracket. It moves around a bit and was wondering if there was a better solution.

If i unplug the box (to extend the cable and perhaps mount it on the other side of the engine bay) what will happen?

i will try and post pictures soon.

thanks in advance

grumpyrex 30-10-2010 03:43 PM

I don't think unplugging it will cause any issues. Mine is disconnected so that my catch can will fit. As far as I know nothing was done before the siren was unplugged.

Rexy03 30-10-2010 06:37 PM

turn it off first with the key or the siren will go off when you unplug it
otherwise not a problem

speeder 01-11-2010 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=smerm07;506868]Hi guys,
... which i presume is the Brant siren (has a key hole on one side) has decided to fall off. It cannot be re-attached as the mounting point has either broken/corroded. [/QUOTE]

I recently removed my subaru-branded siren and replaced it with a mini-siren that fits much more neatly between the firewall and strut tower. Was an easy job.

You're welcome to my old siren and bracket if you prefer the OEM look and feel.

NG

smerm07 01-11-2010 10:20 AM

[QUOTE=speeder;507165]I recently removed my subaru-branded siren and replaced it with a mini-siren that fits much more neatly between the firewall and strut tower. Was an easy job.

You're welcome to my old siren and bracket if you prefer the OEM look and feel.

NG[/QUOTE]
that would be awesome. There wouldn't be any problem switching over the siren with another?

smerm07 01-11-2010 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=Rexy03;506910]turn it off first with the key or the siren will go off when you unplug it
otherwise not a problem[/QUOTE]
thanks

astralex 01-11-2010 12:04 PM

I hope you don't mind me stealing your thread briefly Smerm, but does anyone know if this works for most alarms? As in cutting the siren off to extend the cables or replace the siren box?

smerm07 01-11-2010 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=astralex;507209]I hope you don't mind me stealing your thread briefly Smerm, but does anyone know if this works for most alarms? As in cutting the siren off to extend the cables or replace the siren box?[/QUOTE]
no worries at all.

i would have thought there wouldn't be an issue regarding extending the cables, providing nothing happens when you detach it.