Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Dirt Roads/Tracks in Perth (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/40479-dirt-roads-tracks-perth.html)

WRXMatt 25-02-2011 01:31 PM

Dirt Roads/Tracks in Perth

Hey,

Im looking to take my wrx for a cruise but was keen to go off road. I dont want any soft sand tracks, but was wondering if there are any tracks that are off road but easy to drive on. Like Hard sand, gravel, roads covered in sticks and stuff, lol.
Are there any good roads/tracks around Perth to drive along? I used to go to gingin alot like 10 years ago and there were alot of dirt tracks, not sure if there still there though.
:3gears:

MadDocker 25-02-2011 01:39 PM

Go into Armadale, turn left onto Brookton Hwy, drive for an hour and there are heaps of peagravel tracks up there. Don't think your supposed to be on them though.

GT on boost 25-02-2011 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=KouNtS_UtM;539500]Go into Armadale, turn left onto Brookton Hwy, drive for an hour and there are heaps of peagravel tracks up there. Don't think your supposed to be on them though.[/QUOTE]

agree!! the foz loves it through there, well at least i do anyway,

tiddy 25-02-2011 02:03 PM

Mount helena, wooroloo, wundowie, full of gravel roads to rally in your favourite unlicensed vk/vl or whatevers in the back yard, never in a wrx tho.

Jeckle 25-02-2011 02:05 PM

Look for a pine forest in the hills, then done.

Be aware alot of the forest from Perth down to Harvey are locked off for "water quality" concerns.

tiddy 25-02-2011 02:09 PM

Gorries/neaves rd off gt eastern hwy in sawyers valley. Have the flats out there, aircraft strip, good 50k of gravel tracks, twisty shit for clutching it too.

johnvk7 25-02-2011 02:11 PM

^^^^ Most of the hills is a water catchment, eg, off limits to recreational vehicles, doesn't seem to stop 4WD clubs going in there though. If you get caught though, they will confiscate your car, or massive fines. I know, I used to get chased regularly by rangers on my dirt bike

tiddy 25-02-2011 02:14 PM

Haha we just get fines. Gotta be slow to get caught tho.

johnvk7 25-02-2011 02:21 PM

[QUOTE=tiddy;539514]Haha we just get fines. Gotta be slow to get caught tho.[/QUOTE]

True that, never got caught myself, I remember one time we ended up riding into the Wooroloo prison farm by accident. 2 cop cars an 2 prison guard vans chasing us, good times

Jeckle 25-02-2011 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=johnvk7;539513]^^^^ Most of the hills is a water catchment, eg, off limits to recreational vehicles, doesn't seem to stop 4WD clubs going in there though. If you get caught though, they will confiscate your car, or massive fines. I know, I used to get chased regularly by rangers on my dirt bike[/QUOTE]

But the responsible 4WD Clubs don't go there, with the WA4WDA and working with adopting tracks with the DEC, we're (4WD Clubs) really are restricted to "The Powerline Track" and a few up in York, its much easier down this way though.