Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Posting In the For Sale Section (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/413-posting-sale-section.html)

207 de 23-07-2005 08:44 AM

Posting In the For Sale Section

I want to be able to ask questions in the for sale section

I also think it's ok to bump your own threads when trying to sell something, gives the buyers a sense of how keen the seller is, if the price might drop, if others are interested etc. Makes it all a bit more interesting, sort of like an auction. Some people not want to pm the seller, they may feel that they are more committed to make a purchase then, also, I would hate to have to answer the same questions again and again about something I was trying to sell.

fuck, I really didnt have an issue with the for sale section as it was previous to the revolution.

I'm probably on my own here, and if so, then so be it.

time for a poll. :D

Fozzy 23-07-2005 08:59 AM

I agree with you on this one i think its fucking annoying the way it is to put it bluntly

maddog 23-07-2005 09:05 AM

Ask the seller direct, this is a forum not the Quokka. Other comments on a listing tend to detract from a prospective sale.
Try listing an "XYZ" Brand ECU for sale with replies enabled :( . Your guaranteed 5 useless piece of dribble type replies like "Why do you want to buy that piece of crap?" etc. apologies to Post whores in advance, then again stuff em :icon_ramb

EXPLICIT 23-07-2005 09:07 AM

What he said, PM funtion is there for a reason.

BALISTC 23-07-2005 10:16 AM

I kinda like the lack of dribble in the FS section, and although I too wasnt too keen on not being able to bump my FS threads, after selling my fuel system on Wednesday which was on the LAST page in the FS section, I now have faith :D

PROTOTYPE 23-07-2005 10:31 AM

it doesn't really matter in the end... you can still edit your original post which should refresh it neways :D

flat4 23-07-2005 10:39 AM

posting in for sale

Yeah And you dont get the post sluts Like you used to :D

Fozzy 23-07-2005 11:00 AM

just ban the post whores :P

207 de 23-07-2005 11:26 AM

interesting that pretty much every other forum that has stuff for sale allows posting. Why do we get hung up on such little things? (like me, hung up on not being able to post in the for sale section :rolleyes: )

As for your post re: ecu's and comments about how crap/not crap it is Morgan, maybe what the seller is trying to flog off is crap and some newbie doesnt know any better. All you will get is peoples opinions, and as most of us on here tell the truth, you would be in effect getting "un-biased" opinion about what it is you are about to part with your hard earned cash for.

Sure, some will spam it up with motec pryde, but that is the exception rather than the rule. "Most" comments are valid opinions on the item for sale and what it did/did not do for them.

I guess the way around it is to start a thread each time in the general discussion, or mechanical section each time you want to buy something but feel you want others opinions on the item (not just the seller telling you its tha bomb).

Anyway, the poll expires in 7 days, we will see what happens ey?

either way I'll still be on here talkin' it up and selling/buying stuff as reqd. :)

PROTOTYPE 23-07-2005 11:41 AM

I think if you had the old forum to look through you would find that 90% of posts in the forsale sections are utter shite and are either unrelated or unneccessary crap!

PMing is an easy way to get the info you need and if you want an opinion on a part post a question in the general discussion area regarding it for info from other users... easy

Its better that you don't have 6 pages of shit to read through to find out what is actually being sold, its nice to just look at one post with all the info and then take it from there... besides its supposed to be a classifieds section really and in a newspaper you don't get any opinions along with your ad do you?

Just my 2.5c worth :D