Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   MY11 Sti (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/42172-my11-sti.html)

spider 13-05-2011 09:36 AM

MY11 Sti

Hi Everyone

I'm looking at upgrading my 09 to a new MY11 Sti ad have a few questions to ask.

Firstly, what prices have u guys paid for one and does anyone know of any good deals at the moment?

I am looking at either a WR blue or gun-metal grey - can I have a few opinions on which of these 2 colours you would get and why? The reason is I would never buy a black car again because they are so difficult to keep clean etc

Also, does the base model come with electric sunroof and leather seats? Because from the Subaru website, it only states the base model and the spec R and the difference is the wheels, recaros and navigator (I think) but it doesn't mention sunroof and leather on either models.

Lastly I have also considered an Evo X and a BMW 135i.... I know this is a wrx forum but would like people's opinion on these 2 cars...would you buy either one over an Sti and why? And do they even make Evo X's anymore as I am looking at buying new?

Any feedback/suggestions will be greatly appreciated guys!

Thanks
Scott

mitchwnz 13-05-2011 09:44 AM

Talk to Cam at Subaru Osborne Park :-)

Grey = good choice in colour, I was going with the same for my next purchase.

ImPreSiV 13-05-2011 09:47 AM

I'll give you an answer based on you buying a Subaru - because this is a WRX forum, as you said.

There isn't many deals to be had atm. I just signed for a MY11 WRX from Subaru OP and I am a repeat customer of them and they also know I am a regular on this forum and have a big mouth, and even they couldn't give me much of a deal on the MY11. There is no stock atm coming in - so you may have to pay close to RRP for one.

I'd go the grey, just coz it looks classy.

magic1 13-05-2011 09:47 AM

the price you pay will not be that far from the RRP, margins in the cars are not as big as you think.

some haggling can be done but in the scheme of things MAYBE up to 5%

Kato 13-05-2011 10:07 AM

You will pay RRP for Subaru. They have stuff all stock and aren't going to be rushing for a deal.

Evo X's are still made.

135i's are very nice, but pricey once you start optioning the car the way you want it. i.e. When I bought the Evo X MR in 2009, a 135i with the same options as the MR was getting close to $100k.

Sun roof just adds weight to the car, don't do it.

SweLLy 13-05-2011 10:12 AM

Yeah just got talk to a proper dealer, online will never list everything.

RUSSGT 13-05-2011 10:28 AM

Gun metal grey if those are the only 2 colour choices! I think it looks great!

wrxr2d2 13-05-2011 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the grey and love it. When it is clean and shiney it looks so good. Have a look at this bad droid

spider 13-05-2011 11:01 AM

Thanks guys.....from all the replies, I gather Subaru won't budge much from the RRP...looks like I need to go in to a dealership at some stage and see what they can do for me.

I am also leaning more towards the dark grey...very nice looking car WRXr2d2!!! What did u pay for yours?

Will also go visit a mitsi dealer and see if there is an Evo i can test drive...how much did u pay for your MR Kato?

Cheers
Scott

nauli 13-05-2011 12:02 PM

They go pretty well. You need to haggle appropriately for a deal. White looks good. Dark colours make for a hot and dirty car.
EVO X are good too.
As are 135i, but will cost you a lot more.