Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Issue Fueling up at Bowser (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/43981-issue-fueling-up-bowser.html)

Darson 09-08-2011 05:29 PM

Issue Fueling up at Bowser

Hi guys,

Recently purchased a [B]WRX MY00[/B] and am having issues fueling her up at the bowser! The fuel pump keeps clicking off whenever I go to fill her up. It appears that the angle of entry for the fuel pump or the entry hole is too deep inside my car and is causing the pump to continually click off. I've tried a number of techniques to prevent the pump from turning off such as:
[LIST][*]Applying lighter pressure to the handle[*]Pulling the nossle out a bit further[*]And other crazy ideas...[/LIST]
Nothing seems to be working. I look like a damn fool trying to fuel up my car :(

Wondering if anyone else suffers from this issue and has a solution. Or if there is some sort of DIY funnel attachment I can purchase and clip on to prevent the bowser from clicking off every second.

I swear to God I know how to pump fuel... this fuel tank is just being dildos though! Thanks :)

tuna 09-08-2011 05:32 PM

patience is all thats required and probably try and twist the nozzle a bit- its the same on any impreza.

Darson 09-08-2011 05:50 PM

Oh God that is not what I wanted to hear :(

It's ridiculous! It's not even a matter of patience it just feels wrong...

I'm buying a funnel...

meatbag 09-08-2011 06:11 PM

I've had the same problem on all 3 subarus I've had. To me it's just natural now. Pull the handle out a litle bit and push down on the handle so the tip hits the top of the filler.

Seems to work fine for me.

Master D 09-08-2011 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=meatbag;595250]I've had the same problem on all 3 subarus I've had. To me it's just natural now. Pull the handle out a litle bit and push down on the handle so the tip hits the top of the filler.

Seems to work fine for me.[/QUOTE]

Yep same here

BenWRX 09-08-2011 06:22 PM

A funnel wont help, i had a problem with my AU III XR6, the 'no return' flap had broken off and went down to the little plastic vortex and made it impossible to fill. I tried a funnel and all it did was make a mess, and you look like a dooch with a funnel :D
If you dont have a blockage, the funnel may help but i think it just comes down to patience. I also find different servo's flow better than others

MattuZ 09-08-2011 06:22 PM

yep +1 for my GC8 too

Darson 09-08-2011 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=BenWRX;595254]A funnel wont help, i had a problem with my AU III XR6, the 'no return' flap had broken off and went down to the little plastic vortex and made it impossible to fill. I tried a funnel and all it did was make a mess, and you look like a dooch with a funnel :D[/QUOTE]

Hey I don't think mine even has a no return flap on it. Perhaps that is what has broken off and is causing it to cut off the pump.

Any how it seems I am not alone. It is always nice to find comfort in numbers. :) Suppose I'll try some new methods and see if anything has ever fallen down the tank line...

Thank you all

RamWRC 09-08-2011 06:32 PM

Mine does the same. I have the nozzle nearly all the way out. I'm afraid it's going to spill everywhere one day... And I can only use about half pressure on the handle otherwise *click*

SyncSubaru 09-08-2011 06:42 PM

Mine does it too. I hold my handle at a 90 degree right angle and ram it in the hole.

No sick minds damn you!