Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Quieten x force exhaust (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/46149-quieten-x-force-exhaust.html)

Rob83 01-12-2011 03:54 PM

Quieten x force exhaust

Hi just wanted some info regarding somewhere i could go to get my exhaust modified, i live around Rockingham way, Its a 3 inch turbo back x force with a cannon muffler 5 inch outlet on the back .

Its a bit droney i have dyno-matted the boot made a bit if difference but still shittin me. I was thinking of getting a magnaflow muffler but its my first subaru im not too sure what i should get to quieten it down:D:D

Thanks for your advice

my06 wrx

Kato 01-12-2011 04:04 PM

Go to an exhaust shop and ask them how much to chuck another hotdog/resonator in there. Will be the best option.

Otherwise you can change the muffler to a varex which can be closed up to quiet or open for noise when you want it.

redlib 01-12-2011 04:07 PM

Or change it to a oval muffler, with twin or single tips, should cut down alot of drone and give you a nice note.

Smootang 01-12-2011 06:00 PM

If you want to swap your cannon axle back section for an xforce twin tip pm me. I want more noise and the twin is too quiet for my liking.

SyncSubaru 01-12-2011 11:51 PM

I have a Magnaflow on my MY99 I am wanting to get rid of for an XForce.

Rexxar 02-12-2011 08:37 AM

Best bet like everyone else has already said to put a resonator and a rear oval muffler or more restrictive CAT.

[I]My straight pipe doesnt drone[/I] but I like the loud noise.

drewgong 02-12-2011 08:50 AM

My cannon 5inch drones and is loud!

+1 oval

Rob83 28-12-2011 09:15 AM

Hi just regarding the varex muffler how would it go with a tune i contacted x force and they said this

Our Varex muffler has a unique designed which it will not restrict the flows even when it fully closed. But what it does is to control the noise levels only but not the performance. Since you've our turbo back system fitted it won't be too hard jus t take the old cannon out, and replace with the Varex. No need to go to the exhaust shop. Thanks.

Best regards,
Khampha
--------------------
XFORCE Team
XFORCE Performance Exhaust

has anyone here had a tune with a 2.5 turbo with the varex i was wondering if it is ok i have never had a car tuned before and not too familiar with it

thanks

munya 28-12-2011 10:02 AM

[QUOTE=Rob83;639247]

has anyone here had a tune with a 2.5 turbo with the varex i was wondering if it is ok i have never had a car tuned before and not too familiar with it

thanks[/QUOTE]

I had this on my car for a while before I offloaded to another member on here my car is not a 2.5 but is a 2 with a tune and I found with it shut the performance drops car feels like it is choking so I only ever used it when I was at freeway speeds or when driving down my street late at night or fist thing in the morning starting up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wild_rx 28-12-2011 10:43 AM

Why dont you put one of the silencers in the cannon??