Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Stolen Racing gear. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/46227-stolen-racing-gear.html)

pcracing 05-12-2011 04:13 PM

Stolen Racing gear.

HI guys,

just got a disturbing email from a mate....as follows

Hi Warren, wondering if you can help out at all. my truck recently got broken into at race torque yard 1 week ago and approx 20 to 25k of gear stolen.

Inc race rims with new set of tires,2X helmets, suits, 2Xboots, 2Xgloves, 2Xtimers , communication gear, compressor, tools, hero pro comers x 2, video camera, air blower, 2 turbos, intercooler, race lic, log book, stop watch, homologation papers.

Just checking if you can put something on wrx forum site if you are still a member alerting members to possible be on the lookout reward offered if any items found.

Rims are easily identified as they are enkei 18x8, tires are 048 yokohamas, 235x40

Helmet was a Kevin Megee collectors helmet, possible only a dozen of them in Australia

The gear was taken out of a truck which had just come back from the IP nationals in Mallala, I will attempt to get more info on the types of turbo's etc.

Intercoolers will be front mounts.

My mate is about 5'10'' and of medium build so race suits will be medium to large in size.

regards

Wazza

mARC 05-12-2011 04:19 PM

Sounds like someone knew what they were looking for.

All the best with a full recovery.

Sethi3 05-12-2011 05:10 PM

If the gear is insured, would insurance cover it up?

Shinobiken 05-12-2011 05:31 PM

bastards, would race torque have security cameras?

baylee 05-12-2011 06:01 PM

[QUOTE=Sethi3;633182]If the gear is insured, would insurance cover it up?[/QUOTE]

Surley Race Torque has business insurnace.
Excess might be hefty, but anything on their premises should be covered. No different to anything of theirs being stolen. House contents insurnace same same..

They would surley have this cover, as customers cars would be left on the premises over night all the time..

AWDmoke 06-12-2011 08:10 AM

Open air coverage is pretty expensive, and would be unlikely that most businesses would take it out. Inside the workshop is a different matter.

I'll keep my eyes out for any of this gear.

pcracing 06-12-2011 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture of car and rims attached.

TUrbo's are garrets, both machined to hold a 36mm restrictor on the front housings. one has a restrictor and one doesn't.

My issue is not insurance nor the fact that it can be replaced, it's simple some lite fingered arseholes shouldn't be helping themsleves to other peoples shit.

If I can help get it back I will and I would do the same for any other WRX owner who got robbed.

it's all wrx gear so I figured it was a good place to get word out.

muggz 06-12-2011 04:53 PM

Thats farked Wazza! hope they find the fuckers

Stona 06-12-2011 05:12 PM

Bugger Wazza and for Kev... what a shiter.

I'll keep my ear out.. occassionly hear of 'bargains' for sale...

Cheers
Stona