Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Attention STD owners (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/47279-attention-std-owners.html)

Ko[R]uPt 06-02-2012 09:06 PM

Attention STD owners

So the rexy needs to be dumped and I'm looking at the STD coilovers by Evo R.
However I'm a bit deterred by the spring rates. The car's only a streeter so my priority is daily comfort.

So wondering if there's any fellow members out there with these coilovers fitted who is willing to take me for a spin?

I'm not expecting a joy-ride or a hot lap (although I won't complain) I just want to see how these feel on the road. I'll be grateful even if you just plod around the block.

Would prefer a GD owner who won't mind tinkering with the damper settings, but I haven't experienced them at all so I'll be happy with anything at this stage. Please save me the embarrassment of begging you via PM because I stalked you in Mao's trader thread!!

PM me your number and I'll happily call you to arrange something.

Can meet somewhere or I'll come to you. PM me please, before I'm forced to sign up with Perth4x4.net!!

Thanks,
Alex.

N1GHTH4WK92 06-02-2012 09:35 PM

Where abouts do you live?

Ko[R]uPt 06-02-2012 09:46 PM

I live in Yokine. Also work in the city and can come out anytime within business hours.

SyncSubaru 07-02-2012 01:02 AM

I live on the opposite side of town. But Ill tell you this. My WRX is lowered to 140mm with the camber topped .. R3's I think?

I have them on their softest setting for daily use - and that is comfortable. When I got them originally they were on the middle setting - would have needed new kidneys after any longer than a week I think.

However I am looking forward to the Rally Sprint so I can try them a little stiffer ;)

You wont be dissapointed with the STD's, but, you need them on soft for it to be driveable all day every day. Even on soft is still smashes the stock suspension.

Slap Dash 07-02-2012 01:41 AM

[QUOTE=SyncSubaru;650152]I live on the opposite side of town. But Ill tell you this. My WRX is lowered to 140mm with the camber topped .. R3's I think?

I have them on their softest setting for daily use - and that is comfortable. When I got them originally they were on the middle setting - would have needed new kidneys after any longer than a week I think.

However I am looking forward to the Rally Sprint so I can try them a little stiffer ;)

You wont be dissapointed with the STD's, but, you need them on soft for it to be driveable all day every day. Even on soft is still smashes the stock suspension.[/QUOTE]

^^ This, Cept Mine are still set on Middle setting (6) & Use as my Daily. Cant complain, I just guess i'm used it it by now. :D

kid 07-02-2012 10:28 AM

These threads always bring out the same lame jokes.....

OP: I've got my R3's lowered to about 100m off the ground, about 70% stiffness front and rear (can't remember the exact settings, Mao might be able to tell ya)...

When i first got them i felt it immediately....every bump in the road can be felt...after a couple of weeks i eventually got used to it and have been daily- ing my car since.

However, after 3 months it's starting to slightly irritate me....since i go through peak hour traffic everyday to get to work....

My suggestion would be to go one of the softer settings and then work your way up...

Kato 07-02-2012 10:58 AM

Can Mao supply different spring rates?

RoughStilin 07-02-2012 11:07 AM

Yeah he can get different spring rates, just need to specify what you want.

Saying that though with the dampers on the softest with the springs the coil overs come with, the car basically feels as stiff as a car with lowered springs, maybe a bit softer actually. Sure it gets pretty hard when you start to go over half way, but its nothing a real man cant handle :)

Ko[R]uPt 07-02-2012 11:34 AM

Thanks for your replies. Yep I do a fair bit of heavy traffic driving as well as long trips to go fishing.

I didnt know other spring rates are available, this might be the path I do down, but would still like to experience how they feel currently just so I have a starting point.

Cos I know if my car ain't comfy it develops a whining noise from the passenger seat. Comfort is all relative!

Between Mao and I, I hope we can find someone willing.....

RoughStilin 07-02-2012 11:48 AM

[QUOTE='Ko[R]uPt;650251']

Cos I know if my car ain't comfy it develops a whining noise from the passenger seat. Comfort is all relative!

Between Mao and I, I hope we can find someone willing.....[/QUOTE]

I take you for a run in my car mate. I am away at the moment, but I get back on Thursday.