Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   speed camera in W.A (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/47368-speed-camera-w.html)

Wrx_92 11-02-2012 01:52 PM

speed camera in W.A

hey was driving my wrx a week ago on spencer rd and they usually have camera's set up in two locations i kno. But there happened to be a VW van parked on the side. Is it posible that had a speed camera in it hidden. As i have seen nissan 4wd parked on the side hidden with a speed camera on the back which is really sneaky. But neva knew they did it in VW too if so.

cheers

MY99GT 11-02-2012 02:04 PM

yeah they have a few VW van's with camera's in them.. sometimes see them on Scarborough Beach rd.

seagull 11-02-2012 02:08 PM

Yes you are correct.There is a few more on order as they are for the schools 40zone

The new fords are out unmarked with the lights that clip to the drivers side rear window. I was pulled over for a lic check last week at 5.20am. I was the last one on his clip board for the night.

Wrx_92 11-02-2012 02:20 PM

damm that sucks so its bout roughly 5-6months to get the infringment is that correct

Andy 11-02-2012 02:50 PM

5-6 months? usually 2-3 weeks...

They also dont take the camera's out of the xtrail's anymore, just sit them looking out the back window..

Wrx_92 11-02-2012 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=Andy;651621]5-6 months? usually 2-3 weeks...

They also dont take the camera's out of the xtrail's anymore, just sit them looking out the back window..[/QUOTE]

oh ok 2-3 weeks? if so thats great, dont have to play the waiting game lol:D

TROLLEY 11-02-2012 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=seagull;651615]There is a few more on order as they are for the schools 40zone.[/QUOTE]
This situation and red light/speed camera should be the only cameras in use IMO. Speaking as a Teacher who has done a fair share of "bus stop duty", I can attest to the amount of people that tear through school zones and not to mention the fuckheads who don't stop when crosswalk attendants walk out...

huggy_b 11-02-2012 04:50 PM

The majority of people I see speeding through school zones have their kids in the back seat. I had one flashing her lights and honking me the other week until she saw the cop and pulled her head in.

seagull 11-02-2012 04:56 PM

I have just submitted a letter for slow points to be added to the road near my local school. The cross walk is just over a hill & there is little to say whats over the crest. The speed cameras do not slow the traffic down. There needs to be a physical devise to do that.

Patch 11-02-2012 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=seagull;651638]I have just submitted a letter for slow points to be added to the road near my local school. The cross walk is just over a hill & there is little to say whats over the crest. The speed cameras do not slow the traffic down. There needs to be a physical devise to do that.[/QUOTE]

Slowpoints outside my old school just encouraged people to see how quickly they could pass through without touching the kerbs. No, you couldn't smash through at 60, but people still tried.